Business Development Manager
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 years
Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
- Responsible for project origination across the Business Units through the identification and packaging of different market-specific value propositions.
- Respond to requests for proposals (RFPs), developing and drafting project proposals for solar and solar plus storage solutions.
- Build strong relationships with project financiers.
- Responsible for negotiation with clients for EPC contracts and facilitate deal closure.
Project Development and Management
- Manage sales processes and interfaces with various teams (Project Execution and Finance) across different Business Units.
- Oversee the preparation of quotes for various EPC projects, performing cost analysis and comparison with competitor prices.
- Manage client relationships and ensure that their needs and requirements are met during project execution.
- Perform regular check-ins with Project Managers to gauge project progress, ensuring that they are on schedule and under budget.
- Manage the handover of projects to Project Execution teams by streamlining existing processes and supporting them after contract signing.
- Manage EPC contracts with the support of the legal and technical teams.
- Build and manage relationships with key partners across the private and public sectors, academia, and governmental institutions to explore C&I projects across sub-Saharan Africa.
- Represent PowerGen at industry events, identify and cultivate important partnerships.
- Develop marketing campaigns, lobbying and public relations for commercial and industrial projects.
- University degree
- 5+ years’ work experience in renewable energy
- Experience in the energy, clean tech, or utility sectors in a similar role
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office products
- Work experience in East Africa or another emerging market
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in both English and Swahili preferred
- Fluency in French is a plus
- Enthusiasm in working for the field of renewable energy!
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About PowerGen Renewable Energy
PowerGen provides turnkey energy solutions to residential, community, commercial, and industrial customers in East Africa and beyond. Founded in 2011 our focus is on providing robust photo-voltaic and wind systems for off-grid demands. PowerGen offers a range of products and services that enable customers in a variety of markets to take advantage of the renewable energy resources around them. From a small home wind turbine system to an industrial-scale solar PV array, we offer a one-stop solution to energy challenges.