Junior Chatbot Developer Consultant
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldICT / Computer
PSI’s Nairobi Global Services Hub is looking for a Jr. Chatbot Developer Consultant to build engaging, self-directed, AI-driven conversations with consumers around health issues. This is an exciting new position that provides the opportunity to make technology work to deliver better health outcomes through bring quality health information, products, and services closer to consumers through digital tools.
Sound like something you would be interested in? Read on.
The consultant will:
- Configure chatbots using the Dialogflow conversation management platform
- Capture and translate project requirements from customers into technical specifications and conversation flows
- Undertake testing of chatbot conversations for expected flow and user experience
- Continually adapt chatbot conversations based on feedback from users to increase engagement
- Ensure that bot conversations capture outputs necessary to deliver analytics for decision-making to continually deliver a more engaging experience for users
- Support developing linkages from front-end tools with back-end integration services and data storage
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly ambitious individual with a passion for technology innovation, social media engagement, and public health. In particular, we are looking for;
- 3-4 years of development experience working on technology implementation projects, especially mobile technology
- Professional experience with chatbot development and platforms such as Dialogflow, Chatfuel, Botsify, or RapidPro strongly preferred
- Experience in non-relational database systems, including MongoDB or similar
- Experience in relational database systems, SQL, Postgres, or similar
- Requires a strong command of English grammar, constructions, and syntax
- Professional experience using messaging platforms such as Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp and USSD preferred
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and a self-starter
- Relevant degree in information systems, technology, or digital marketing
- Passion and knowledge of design thinking and customer experience best practices
What would get us excited?
- Fluent in French, Portuguese, or Spanish
- Experience in public health or working for a development agency is a plus
- Certification in agile methodologies
- All applicants must be based in Kenya with permission to work. PSI will not provide work permits. This is a consultant position.
The timeframe for the consultancy is 12 months with a possibility of extension.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Population Services International
We have been measurably improving the health of Kenyans since 1989. Our approach harnesses the vitality of the private sector to improve health outcomes for "Sara” - our archetype that focuses our interventions. We address the most serious health challenges affecting resource-poor and vulnerable communities in Kenya, including HIV/AIDS, reproductive health and family planning, and the greatest threats to children under five including malaria, diarrhea, pneumonia and malnutrition