Jr. PowerBI Developer Consultant
Job TypeFull Time
Experience3 – 4 years
Job FieldICT / Computer
The consultant will:
- Interpret data, analyze results, and identify trends in complex data sets using statistical techniques
- Synthesize data from primary or secondary data sources
- Develop analytical models to turn data into actionable, real-time insights
- Build engaging data visualizations and dashboards to help managers rapidly isolate insights and
- Work with management develop analyses, visualizations, and reports in accordance with business and information needs
- Identify new process improvement opportunities
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly ambitious individual a passion for data science, data visualization, and health and willing and able to learn by doing in a demanding position. In particular, we are looking for;
- 3-4 years of advanced data analysis and visualization experience, preferably working with projects with a strong technology component
- Bachelors’ in data science, information management statistics, mathematics, analytics, economics, computer science, or related field
- Very strong data visualization skills, preferably in PowerBI, Tableau, or MongoCharts
- Strong knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (R, STATA, SPSS, SAS, etc.)
- Familiar with data formats (XML, CSV, JSON, etc)
- Experience in relational databases, including SQL, Postgres, or similar, and non-relational databases such as MongoDB
- Experience building analytical models
- Proficient in Google analytics and social media analytics
- Very comfortable challenging authority and internal assumptions, and analyzing internal data through the eyes of an external competitor
- Very strong personal integrity
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong business analysis skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and a self-starter
What would get us excited?
- Experience in public health, marketing, or working for a development agency
- Fluent in French, Portuguese, or Spanish
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning techniques
- All applicants must be based in Kenya with permission to work. PSI will not provide work permits. This is a consultant position.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
MOD EOF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Population Services International
We have been measurably improving the health of Kenyans since 1989. Our approach harnesses the vitality of the private sector to improve health outcomes for "Sara” - our archetype that focuses our interventions. We address the most serious health challenges affecting resource-poor and vulnerable communities in Kenya, including HIV/AIDS, reproductive health and family planning, and the greatest threats to children under five including malaria, diarrhea, pneumonia and malnutrition.