We are searching for smart, caring and responsible Pharm Techs who want to become amazing all-around, evidence-based Pharm Techs. This is a key clinical position that will provide a critical impact on our ability to provide comprehensive healthcare to our patients.
- Prepare medications by reviewing and interpreting clinician’s prescriptions
- Dispense medications, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals as per the prescription
- Control medications by monitoring drug therapies, advising on interactions and advising clinicians on alternatives
- Provide pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals; counseling patients on drug therapies
- Maintain pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory levels, anticipate needed medications and supplies, place orders and manage short expiry drugs
- Receive, verify, bill, fill and dispense drugs/medical supplies as ordered or prescribed by a qualified medical practitioner.
- Enforce loss prevention policies at the pharmacy
- Enforce the Dangerous Drugs Act regulations in the Pharmacy
- Be an integral member of the whole medical centre team in providing an amazing patient experience. Handle patients with empathy and understanding
- Be a great teammate and go above beyond by actually making sure your teammates love their work. Work well with other colleagues and go above and beyond what is expected from you.
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology required
- Must be registered with Pharmacy and Poison Board
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in health or community-related work
- Outstanding patient interaction skills are a must
- Great team player with drive for results and enjoys being part of a team
- Base salary + benefits such as medical insurance
- Additional package for a superintendent
- Lots of growth opportunities over time – you can even become a branch manager!
- Location and Hours:
We are a growing company with frequent openings at all our branches, currently this position is vacant at Embakasi, Kawangware, Kangemi & Rongai Branches. Preference will be given to candidates who are flexible about work location and hours.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Penda Health
Penda Health is a chain of outpatient Medical Centres that offer the highest quality outpatient care for the whole family and unbelievable patient experiences at surprising affordable costs. Open since 2012, we now operate two of the busiest and most well respected Medical Centres in Kitengela, Umoja and we aim to be operating 50+ medical centres across Nairobi by 2020.