Asset Register Officer
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial
As the Asset Register Officer at Penda, you will report to the Asset and Expansion Manager. In liaison with the Asset and Expansion Manager, you will be responsible for requisitioning for new assets, maintaining an accurate record of all the assets owned by the company and their value and maintenance of the capital budget for all assets.
- Conduct regular stock takes as directed by the Fixed Asset Register Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to confirm the assets held by the company and their condition and participate in asset audits.
- Assign unique asset tags for every asset purchased and tag the assets within the time frame specified in the Fixed
- Asset Register SOP, redo tagging for assets whose tags have fallen off and/or have gone missing.
- Dispatch assets requested for by the asset’s maintenance officer, request for replenishment of assets in the warehouse.
- Always maintain an up-to-date record of the value of assets in the register, track this value and communicate on assets that have gone beyond their prescribed life span.
- Coordinate the movement of an asset from one location to another, keep a record of the asset’s movement trail from the time an asset was purchased until its most current location. Track the condition and value of the asset during the movement until it is disposed of.
- Communicate on the assets that have reached a zero value and/or whose life has lapsed, and their value to trigger discussions around their disposal and write-off or other action as may be determined by the asset’s disposal committee.
- Always keep an updated record of all the assets held by the company, clearly and precisely showing their detailed description, monetary value, and condition.
- Reconcile the register with the company books of accounts and communicate on variances.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field. CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a Finance and Accounting Department.
- Direct experience in fixed assets management is a MUST.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Competitive benefits including comprehensive medical cover and participation in a staff ownership program.
- Candidates will be evaluated on a rolling basis (first to apply is first to be evaluated).
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Penda Health
Penda Health is a chain of outpatient Medical Centres that offer the highest quality outpatient care for the whole family and unbelievable patient experiences at surprising affordable costs. Open since 2012, we now operate two of the busiest and most well respected Medical Centres in Kitengela, Umoja and we aim to be operating 50+ medical centres across Nairobi by 2020.