Head of Software Development
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Head of Software Development who is motivated to lead the team and the implementation to build industry-leading, robust and innovative software solutions that are fit for purpose.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
Design Strategy and Plan to develop fit-for-purpose solutions
- Design an effective Road Map
- Document an implementation plan and features specifications
- Engage with stakeholders to review the designs.
- Advise on new technologies to adopt for the stack.
- Act as a technical and business systems subject matter expert for the developers and business stakeholders/representatives.
Implementation of Features
- Write manageable code to implement these features against an approved development plan ( Back-End and Front-End when needed)
- Manage the entire DevOps process – from Dev to Production.
- Testing and Training of New Features
automated and functional tests for front-end features.
Train users on new features working as well as improving the UX based on user feedback.
Integrate health monitoring and logging tooling to maintain a healthy stack.
Maintain Fullstack & Debugging
Troubleshooting new bugs and general maintenance when called upon. e.g troubleshoot Zoho Creator used for field operations.
Manage the Software Development team
Hire, onboard and train new team members.
Monitor the performance of the team.
Devise a tactical plan which can be collaboratively carried out by the team – to implement improvements to our processes and knowledge sharing within the team
Cross-functional relationships & interfaces
Call center – Help the call center with bulk information updates upon request. Occasionally troubleshoot and escalate issues with backing services e.g pay as you go providers.
Logistics & Inventory Team – Help with occasional bulk updates of inventory workflow data.
Analytics Team – Extract data from running services upon request.
Bachelor in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Technology or any related field of study.
- 5 years experience in Python (advanced level desired)
- 2 years’ experience managing a team.
- Experience with the cloud ( Hetzner or Digitalocean)
- 3 years experience using Django, DRF, relational databases.
- Proficient experience in project management.
- Desired level (knowledge and experience) use of Gitlab;
- CI & CD
- Excellent communication skills.
- A proactive individual.
- The ideal candidate should have a result-driven personality
- A team player
- Ideal candidate should be resilient.
- Excellent Problem-Solving skills
- Highly attentive to detail.
- Healthcare Insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Middle management training programs.
- Flexible working conditions.
- Subsidized meals at the Pawame Headquarters.
- Our values guide our work, and as a PawaTeam member, you’re expected to work with integrity, discipline and
- drive to serve our customers and build our community. Everyone from our interns to the founders contributes to our success in different ways and have meaningful opportunities to grow and learn in the company.
- With community being one of Pawame’s core values we foster an inclusive, collaborative culture that treats every individual with respect. Pawame welcomes applications for this position from all qualified applicants with pre-existing Kenyan work authorization. Women are especially encouraged to apply.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Pawame is transforming the lives of individuals and entire communities, starting with modern energy access. Pawame operates anywhere underserved people are, pushing boundaries deep into some of the most rural communities on the continent while functioning sustainably and with integrity. Pawame is a partner to its customers from their first interaction with a sales agent to the moment of installation by a technician and throughout their ascent up the energy ladder.