Front End Software Developer
Job Type Full Time
Experience 2 – 3 years
Job Field ICT / Computer
About the Role:
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with that of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wire frames to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
Building Front-End Features:
- Design and document frontend features.
- Write manageable code to implement these features against an approved development plan.
- Integrate health monitoring and logging tooling to maintain a healthy stack.
Development of Strategy and Plan around the Front-end Stack:
- Contribute to the software development plan and the general strategy to a more robust and scalable stack.
- Advise on new technologies to adopt for the stack.
Testing and Training of New Features:
- Write automated and functional tests for front-end features.
- Train users on new features working as well as improving the UX based on user feedback.
Support and Maintain The Full-Stack:
- Offer support in the full stack when called upon. e.g. troubleshoot Zoho Creator used for field operations.
- Bachelors in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Technology or any related field of study.
- 3 years’ experience in Front-end environment.
- 2 years’ experience in React.js workflows.
- Proven experience with newer specifications of ECMAScript.
- Proven experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js).
- RESTful APIs.
- Excellence in Testing knowledge.
- Knowledge and proven experience in Gitlab.
- Proven experience with Docker.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Behavioral Requirements:
- A proactive individual.
- The ideal candidate should have a result-driven personality.
- A team player.
- The ideal candidate should be resilient.
- Excellent Problem-Solving skills
- Highly attentive to detail.
Benefits at Pawame:
We are a diverse team of highly energized local and international people, committed to listening to the needs of our consumers in the rural populations in East Africa without access to clean energy. Everyone from our intern to the founders contributes to our success in different ways. Every team member in Pawame has the same drive and excitement towards achieving our goals. Working hard and being creative are synonymous in our startup life. You will have the opportunity to directly impact low-income off-grid consumers, dramatically improving the lives of many families.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
Pawame is transforming the lives of individuals and entire communities, starting with modern energy access. Pawame operates anywhere underserved people are, pushing boundaries deep into some of the most rural communities on the continent while functioning sustainably and with integrity. Pawame is a partner to its customers from their first interaction with a sales agent to the moment of installation by a technician and throughout their ascent up the energy ladder.