Program Associate – Tools for Integrated Management of Childhood Illness
The Program Associate will play a large role working on the Tools for Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (TIMCI) project. TIMCI is a multi-year project funded by Unitaid and led by PATH to accelerate availability, adoption and scale-up of tools to identify severe illness and decrease mortality in children under five years of age. TIMCI has two major goals that both seek to improve detection of severe disease in children under five: 1) to improve healthcare workers’ ability to diagnose severe disease by equipping them with pulse oximeters (POX) and electronic decision support tools (eCDSTs); and 2) to accelerate the development and market entry of non-invasive devices that augment the features of a standard POX with one or more additional vital sign measurements (multimodal devices). Project work will include program implementation, evidence generation, market strengthening, and research utilization to influence scale-up and will take place in five countries: India, Kenya, Myanmar, Senegal, and Tanzania. For this project, the successful candidate will work closely with the Project Director, Project Manager, TIMCI country M&E Officers, and Output/Activity Leads on various work streams that aim to develop and implement strategies that accelerate the introduction and scale-up of POX, multimodal devices, and eCDSTs.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Data collection and analysis: Creating and managing databases to track data from facility assessments such as commodities inventory, monitoring and evaluation indicators, health care worker trainings, facility mapping.
- Creating data visualizations for analysis and to support dissemination.
- Perform data analysis using various analysis software. Including but not limited to Power Query and data visualizations with Tableau.
- Data management of M&E data including acting as a global data steward, maintain global datasets, and act as liaison with MEL Officers in each country to support project needs.
- Support development and implementation of market intervention strategies, such as but not limited to market entry, product introduction, market incentives for new products in target markets
- Conduct and/or contribute to country and market landscaping efforts and create data visualizations to foster interpretation for country or global stakeholder presentations.
- Analyze primary program data and secondary data sources, including cataloging relevant external research and literature to generate insights and provide strategic direction.
- Report generation and maintenance, presentation development, general coordination: Update and track activities across the project countries. Supporting the team to present information for a wide range of audiences, tracking deliverables and activities across project countries.
- Provide support to overall project activities and timelines while leading sub-component(s) (either market or geography specific) of the project, including managing relevant stakeholder engagement. This can include programmatic and reporting tracking, and presentation development.
- Prepare project deliverables, presentations, and annual reports, in conjunction with others, for submission to donors and present work to external audiences.
- Contribute to business development activities through preparation of materials and support of strategic design of proposals.
- Required Skills
- Ability to derive strategic insights for country and global stakeholders from qualitative and quantitative data and analysis.
- Experience creating qualitative models such as costings tools, demand forecasts, health impact models, etc.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills.
- Passionate about addressing health issues in low-resource settings.
- Proven effectiveness working in a team-based environment, but capable also of working independently and taking initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines.
- Comfortable with working openly and transparently, sharing work-in-progress, failures, successes, and lessons-learned.
- Self-starter and comfortable in ambiguous situations.
- Receptive to and values open and honest feedback from colleagues and stakeholders.
- Versatile and responsive working virtually and collaboratively with teams across the world.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Public Policy, Public Health, or equivalent plus 1-2+ years’ relevant experience that involves data and/or market analysis or a Bachelor’s Degree plus 2-3+ years’ experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Technical knowledge of market analysis to inform decision-making, experience working with healthcare products, and/or technical product analysis, preferably within the context of LMICs.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required. Experience in analytics or statistical software (e.g. R, STATA or Power Query), data visualization software (e.g. Tableau), and/or geospatial mapping a plus.
- Direct experience working in low-and-middle-income countries a plus.
- Fluency in English is required.
- French language fluency is a plus.
- Management consulting experience is a plus.
Ability and willingness to travel internationally approximately 20-30% of the time.
Must have legal authorization to work in PATH office determined to be home office.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
** PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers. **
PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com email address.
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity.