Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldInternships / Volunteering , Media / Advertising / Branding
USAID’s Kenya Investment Mechanism
Kenya Investment Mechanism is a USAID funded project that is designed to unlock $400 million in investment for key sectors of Kenya’s economy, including agriculture, and for regional trade and investment opportunities under the Prosper Africa initiative. The activity addresses constraints on both the supply and demand sides of investment transactions and is building a market system that will mobilize substantial capital from the public and private sectors. By building local partnerships among stakeholders in the financial system, Kenya Investment Mechanism (KIM) is stimulating the power of the private sector to accelerate Kenya’s journey to self-reliance.
KIM addresses two principal market failures that have discouraged investors from financing important segments of the targeted sectors: (i) insufficient quality consulting services (financial, transaction advisory, strategy, and business performance); and (ii) limited scalability of financial products tailored to selected key sectors of the economy in the region.
KIM provides smart incentives and capacity building support to both business advisory service providers and Financial Institutions. These incentives are designed to create a sustainable ecosystem for businesses to access finance and investments needed to expand and grow. Business transactions are further supported by a diverse range of sustainable partnerships–with and among strategic businesses, institutions, government counterparts (county and national) and other development partners. These partnerships will lead to scaling and replicating creative approaches to unlock finance and investments, reduce risks of extending credit to the agriculture and energy sectors, and offer testing of innovative business models that can be scaled.
The Palladium Group
Palladium is the implementing organization behind KIM. As a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact, Palladium creates enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities, and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental, and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Objective of Assignment
KIM requires a Communication Intern to develop the skills of supporting the implementation program communications plan and related communications tools. Under guidance of the Director of Communications, the intern will learn how to disseminate project messages to inform key audiences. S/he will develop skills to draft success stories and content for social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn). The intern should be a highly motivated, and self-driven individual who is interested in gaining significant hands-on experience in the areas of communications, adaptive programming, knowledge management, research and social media management including excellent operational skill of Microsoft Office.
Scope and Activities
- Develop the skills to draft monthly social media schedules and posts under the guidance of the Director of Communication.
- Learn how to undertake monitoring and analyzing engagement on social media and drafting engagement reports.
- Develop the skills to draft compelling narratives for communications content, which could take the form of weekly technical bullets, success stories, social media graphics, etc.
- Under the guidance of the Director of Communications, support with compiling lessons learned, editing, design and layout of reports.
- Liaise with the Director of Communications to compile, edit and update KIM calendar of events.
- Assist with keeping digitized, updated media and programme partners contact list.
- Master’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or Marketing field.
- A creative writer, with ability to write easy to read narratives on various topics.
- Proven experience using Microsoft Office, with interest and ability to learn new software.
- Experience using social media tools and channels, particularly blogging and content management system preferred.
- Graphic design, video production or digital photography skills an advantage.
- Motivated and energetic self-starter who takes initiative.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse team members.
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop new skills within the role.
- Applications will be accepted until February 8th, 2021, at 11:59 PM East African time.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Palladium: Make It Possible
Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations.