Project M&E Specialist
Project Overview and Role:
The Project M&E Specialist will report to the DCOP and will be responsible for tracking the implementation of the M&E plan for the project. The M&E Specialist will work closely with all staff to track project implementation, at cost, time and quality. This is a full-time position for an upcoming award being solicited through USAID/Kenya & East Africa to promote evidence-based health policies development and implementation for improved quality and equity of health care services. Kenya & East Africa’s Health, Population, and Nutrition (HPN) Office has realized the need to redesign the HSS portfolio to align to its guiding principles. These are A) seeks to pull together a group of related HSS functions that collectively contribute to systems outcomes of equity, quality and resource optimization for HIV/TB, FP/RMNCAH and malaria program. B) The program will look into working with the devolved system of Health governance; C) revitalise local capacity development by building on and strengthening local capacity to bring change and sustain results with private sector, public sector policy think tanks and academia. D) Ensure delivery of high impact interventions through collaboration learning and adapting with short learning loops. This activity will primarily focus on strengthening health analytics and maximizing evidence-based health policies development and implementation for improved quality and equity of health care services.This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and is contingent upon contract award to Palladium.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for tracking implementation of the approved work plan and M&E plan at cost, time, and quality.
- Provide leadership in planning and managing agile teams for project delivery across time, cost, and quality. At program/project level, ensure county level technical approaches are standardized across the counties where possible and are expanded to incorporate national/county specific activities for counties with differentiated needs (Quality Assurance of approaches to the counties.
- Oversee the implementation, track and provide regular status on the project M&E Plan (framework, indicator sheets) and project annual work plan.
- Establish and maintain project management information systems (MIS). At all times ensure project management tools such as Daily tracker, Work plan Trackers, Annual Benchmark Tracker, among others are updated on-time, provide regular updates to the entire project team on a weekly, monthly etc.
- Ensure implementation of the project data quality assurance and improvement processes and intervention for the programs including digital health solutions (Maintaining of the standards).
- S/he will ensure adherence to USAID reporting requirements through ad hoc and regular reporting.
- Establish and maintain a project database or project management information system.
- Train staff to fulfill their role to collect project data using activity tracking tools and other project reporting templates.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance in Project Contractual reporting and implementation of the CLA plan/ learning agenda.
- Ensure compliance in donor reporting on a Quarterly and annual basis through submission of quality Front office, quarterly progress, program specific and annual reports.
- Ensure timely and quality reporting by the sub Awards on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Conduct analysis for routine donor reporting and ad hoc requests including special analysis such as gender and sustainability in the wake of Journey to Self – Reliance.
- Operationalize a project collaborative learning and adaptive (CLA) approach by leading its implementation as per the M&E plan and regularly share the same with the donor as part of progress reporting.
- Monitor implementation of learning agenda for identification of best practices and lessons learned and for adaptive management (quarterly).
- Support development of the project work plan; external evaluation, operational research.
- Provide Technical assistance to develop and implement project data collection processes that may include annual pulse assessments, County Transition readiness assessments, data-informed annual work planning; qualitative
- Index monitoring of the project sustainability and maturity plans.
- Track and provide status on project evaluation and performance management plan (EPMP), and mid-term and end-term implementation of the same. Provide a Quarterly progress on the project EPMP.
- Support project work planning to ensure it adheres to the PMP.
- Support to Project Knowledge management and communication.
- Provide data and information to the KM/Comms Specialist, as defined by the KM/Comms Specialist.
- Participate in identifying and documenting project success stories.
- Any other role as assigned by your supervisor that relates to project M&E. The staff will receive guidance from the DCOP
- Project Management Professional Qualification (PMP) preferred.
- Experience in an M&E position for a USAID project; PEPFAR is most preferred.
- Appropriate software skills necessary in use of project management software, such as MS Project or equivalent.
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences especially at county level.
- Excellent coordination, and information management skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure and skilled in change management, crisis management, and problem solving.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently within Kenya and work under field conditions.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Palladium International
Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations.