Deputy Project Manager
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 – 10 years
Job Field Project Management
The Deputy Project Manager will manage day-to-day operations and cross-cutting activities. S/he will contribute to the overall technical vision of RAMS, while ensuring seamless implementation through operational management. S/he will report to the Project Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Project Manager in the successful management of all administrative and programmatic functions and activities in line with the project’s Scope of Work and approved annual work plans.
- In the absence of the Project Manager, serve as the project representative, liaising directly with USAID, national governments, regional intergovernmental bodies, Palladium Home Office, implementing partners and subcontractors, and the private sector actors.
- Oversee finance, operations, and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) activities under RAMS, ensuring USAID compliance and program cohesiveness among technical and operations staff.
- Provide technical and managerial leadership and, in collaboration with the COP, build partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Support adaptive management of RAMS, and work with staff, home office and USAID to adjust programmatic approach, staffing and resources if required based on continuous monitoring of the program course.
- Support the annual work planning process and completion of high-quality deliverables.
- Conduct communications and media relations in close coordination with USAID as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, economics, international development, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Ten years of relevant professional experience, managing donor projects at the senior level.
- Five years of experience working on agriculture-related projects within the EA context.
- Demonstrated expertise in two or more technical areas related to RAMS’ scope (e.g., agriculture/livestock value chain development, regional integration, agricultural financing, accessing and scaling technologies, trade policy and trade facilitation, and resilience)
- Thorough understanding of USAID policies and procedures from a compliance perspective, including knowledge of financial, operations, and monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with intergovernmental, private sector, and governmental representatives, particularly at the regional level.
- Strong Preference for Kenyan and East African citizens.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About Palladium International
Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations.