Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldMedia / Advertising / Branding
Project Overview and Role:
Kenya Tupime Kaunti Project is a USAID-funded activity that aims to support ongoing activities by the national and county governments and other development partners to strengthen outcome and other measurements, learning, and accountability (MLA) systems in order to provide quality data and synthesized information for planning, implementation, policy development, and decision-making. Specifically, the project has two key results areas/sub-purposes
Increased leadership and management capacity of county governments for effective outcome measurements, learning, and accountability systems;
Increased availability, analysis and use of quality data.
Tupime Kaunti projects supports the County Department of Health (CDoH) and the Department of Children Services (DCS) in Baringo, Nakuru, Samburu, Turkana, Kakamega, Kisumu, Migori, Busia, Bungoma, Vihiga, Homa Bay and Siaya. The project focuses its support in HIV, malaria and RMNCAH programs. Recently in the wake of COVID-19, the project has supported COVID-19 activities in Migori, Nakuru and Kakamega counties with the goal to provide immediate assistance and making a tangible impact while strengthening systems for scale up to slow the spread and mitigate consequences.
The project is seeking a consultant – communication expert to document of project milestones realized in COVID-19 technical implementation in the three aforementioned counties and MLA strengthening in the focus counties. The consultant will work closely with the Knowledge Management and Communications specialist to deliver on the expected outputs.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- The consultant will be required to review inputs from project reports, work plans and other relevant project documents to inform the content of the video and project brief. The consultant will be required to design an outline of the project briefs and the video after review of the materials.
The main roles will be:
- The consultant will work with the project team to identify the team to be interviewed, sites and the scope of the interview conduct interviews and gather materials for the video and input.
- Video pre-productionDevelop interview questions and prepare the interviewees selected by the project;
Review the interview questions with the project team for inputs;
- Videography/Interviews: Conduct interviews with select Department of health team members;Post production:
- Editing and packaging the video output
- Documentation: Production of the County COVID-19 Briefs:He/she will review project reports/other documents and inputs from the project team and design templates for use;
- Document milestones, success stories in implementation of the COVID-19 workplan in Kakamega, Migori and Nakuru;
- Engage with county health leadership, and Rapid Response Teams under guidance of the TK project team to develop technical briefs for Prong 1 that includes:
- Provide technical assistance to expand coordination capacity of the COVID-19 County level EmergencyOperation Centers (EOC);
- Strengthen County surveillance and epidemic intelligence reporting systems;
- Streamline county COVID-19 data flow, data management and data quality assurance processes.
- The consultant will produce project briefs, and share with the project team for review and inputs. Based on the feedback, the consultant will refine and provide final products for printing and dissemination.Production of project MLA achievements: The Journey of implementation using themes:
- Guided by the KMC, the consultant will work with the counties and the project team to write stories on project milestones in MLA across pre-identified thematic areas.
- Close-out communication package:
- A comprehensive project brief capturing project milestones from year 1-5; a video/documentary capturing beneficiary experiences, successes and lessons learnt and all technical documents. This assignment will be guided by the project branding guidelines and donor communication regulations.
- 3-5min quality video/documentary capturing all project themes highlighting project key milestones, lessons learnt and best practices in COVID-19 implementation in Department of Health for the three counties: Kakamega, Migori and Nakuru;
- A collection of all the raw interview footage.
- Project milestones: Factsheets, Brief, etc
- A soft copy of the final COVID-19 project brief;
- A soft copy of technical briefs, factsheets or stories for MLA systems strengthening.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism or other related field;
- Five years’ relevant experience in development communications, documenting learning and best practices;
- Experience packaging videos and information products;
- Knowledge and experience with USAID branding requirements;
- Able to work with minimal supervision and within tight timeline
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Palladium International
Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations.