RASMI II and SEEK II projects are EUTF funded projects that are being implemented by Pact Kenya and its consortium partners with the goal of preventing conflicts and mitigating their impacts. These are cross-border projects that span the border of Kenya – Ethiopia- Somalia, commonly known as the Mandera Triangle and the borders of Kenya -Ethiopia at South and West Omo and at Turkana and Marsabit Counties. Both projects work through change agents at the community level with the objective of building capacities for peace across grassroot structures, enhancing social capital and cohesion and promoting conflict sensitive development.
The projects are looking to recruit a creative, savvy, high achiever with an outstanding record in photography/videography work, active in social media and with relevant skills for design of publications and visibility materials. This role provides an excellent opportunity to work with the project teams both at Nairobi level and in cross-border locations of the three countries. The Communications Consultant will be engaged under STTA with a set number of days of engagement every month, for each financial year.
OBJECTIVES & SCOPE OF WORK
Based in Nairobi but with travels to the field on need basis, the successful candidate will be required to support with the below roles:
- Capturing high resolution images of project meetings, project activities, and beneficiaries. Caption each photograph with specific details such as the location taken, name of the people (for portraits), activity and any other relevant information.
- Process the photos to enhance quality and remove any blemishes/imperfections
- Provide the project with at least 10 high resolution photographs per assignment and upload on Projects’ Cloud storage folder.
- Copyright for all photographs taken during assignments remains with Pact and the projects.
- Operate video cameras, video/audio equipment to produce high quality footages from Projects events and activities.
- Videos shall be produced in a high-quality broadcasting and web publishing format
- Export final versions of a photos and video in formats optimized for HD, web distribution and TV broadcast.
- Design tweet messages from Project reports, monitoring tools, photos and videos and submit at least 2 tweets every week to Project team
- Send approved tweets and mobilize Project and Consortium Partners staff to like and comment Document feature and human-interest stories during travels to the field and sniff stories from reports and monitoring reports for follow up
- Work with Projects’ local partners remotely or in person to consolidate field photos and stories.
- Design visibility materials and follow up with vendors for publications
- Design publications and Project reports layouts for printing
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Candidate must possess following competencies:
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in design of visibility materials, reports, publications, branded T-shirts, caps, posters, flyers, banners, masks etc.
- Solid experience in processing and editing video/photo, creating Video/ photo and Video/photo stories
- Proven ability in photography/Videographer and ability to assimilate and communicate complex visual messages in an engaging and user-friendly manner.
- Have extensive experience in producing news, documentary films, TV programs and 3 to 5- minute short format films.
- Demonstrated experience of conception, production and editing of mini video documentaries
- Excellent technical capacity to ensure smooth and high-quality production
- Must have the ability to use various types of video cameras and video recording tools.
- Advanced knowledge and skills of Adobe CC suite, MS office suite, Pinnacle Studio, infographics design software and other editing tools is required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage an active twitter handle
- Experience with on-call assignments, preferable with international organizations. Flexibility to travel to cross-border locations on short notice.
- Ability to work on a strict deadline.
- Proactive approach to delivering tasks.
- Must demonstrates a high level of professionalism and ethics. Must abide by Pact’s values of Respect, Integrity and Inclusion.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism or related fields from a reputable university or college
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Interested applicants fulfilling the minimum requirements are invited to send their CV, cover letter and a link to a portfolio of their past work showing why they are the best candidate for the position indicating “Communications Consultant” on the subject line.
About Pact World
A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in more than 30 countries to improve the lives of those who are poor and marginalized. We strive for a world where all people exercise their voice, build their own solutions and take ownership of their future.