Expanding Access to Justice Chief of Party
Job TypeFull Time
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Program Delivery (PDEL) – Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Program Delivery Team, contributes to realizing this purpose by: Forging smart partnerships and treating all people with dignity and respect; Applying organizational policies and regulatory compliance appropriately and consistently; Facilitating team spirit among colleagues and promoting the organization through communications; Influencing decision makers through focused, relevant communications; Continually striving to learn and share knowledge and find small ways to make the workplace more enjoyable for all; Cultivating and harvesting innovation; Contributing to the organization’s ability to think and act strategically at all times; Inspiring and spreading our desired organizational culture across the global enterprise.
The COP will provide technical leadership and operational oversight for the project and will serve as the primary liaison with USAID and relevant project stakeholders. The COP will nurture a diverse and mission-driven project team to extend access to justice services in communities across Somalia.
- Ensure high-quality programming and provide hands-on guidance and support to project staff and partners in order to meet or exceed technical, project management, and reporting requirements.
- Manage all project planning responsibilities, including the production of annual workplans.
- Oversee the implementation of a set of processes for ensuring the adaptive management of project activities, including ongoing Applied Political Economy Analysis (APEA) and regular collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) learning reviews.
- To support the overall adaptive management approach, ensure that the project regularly generates applied analysis and research and ensure that the project M&E systems generates up-to-date information regarding emergent outcomes.
- Guide and oversee the alignment of the budget to expected results, as well as review and approve annual budgets and quarterly reports.
- Oversee and refine over time EAJ’s stabilization strategy, aimed at supporting justice-focused interventions in “early recover” communities.
- Participate in the technical and programmatic design of sub-awards to local partners.
- Ensure the cost-effective use of project resources.
- Ensure compliance with Pact HQ and USAID requirements, policies, and regulations.
- Act as a liaison to relevant donors and government officials.
- As relevant, manage all local grantmaking mechanisms, ensuring compliance with donor regulations and Pact policies; coordinate and/or conduct monitoring visits to grantee programs.
- Recruit and directly supervise local project staff in line with Pact human resource (HR) policies.
- Build and maintain a diverse, skilled, and productive workforce and senior management team, which adheres to Pact’s values.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience working on democracy and governance programming in developing countries, with experience in rule of law, civil society, institutional development or directly related technical areas.
- Preference for candidates with human rights, rule of law, and/or stabilization experience
- Demonstrated capacity to develop strong working relationships with senior and local government officials, and non‐governmental institutions.
- Excellent management and organizational skills; must be able to manage and coordinate multiple tasks; able to recruit, motivate and retain multidisciplinary, multicultural staff
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations. Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate complex ideas to diverse audiences
- Appropriate and relevant university degree
- Master’s degree with minimum seven (7) years of progressively responsible management experience, including administering donor‐funded programs, preferably in the Horn of Africa.
- Experience managing and strengthening relationships with the USG to enhance engagement with the USAID Mission.
- Exceptional project management, personnel management and interpersonal skills are required.
- Demonstrated record of success in implementing highly agile and adaptive projects, including in politically sensitive environments.
- Clear ability to ensure the production of applied analysis and learning as a basis for evidence-based decision making.
- Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in more than 30 countries to improve the lives of those who are poor and marginalized. We strive for a world where all people exercise their voice, build their own solutions and take ownership of their future.