Regional Security Manager (RSM), Global Physical Security (GPS) Operations – Africa
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldSecurity / Intelligence
Regional Security Manager (RSM), Global Physical Security (GPS) Operations – Africa-20000T7J
Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
Oracle is looking for a security professional to join our team. This position will be responsible for the leadership and development of programs and services within the Global Physical Security (GPS) Operations line of business, with specialised functional expertise in the area of guard force management, crisis management, risk assessment, incident management, event security and more. The qualified candidate will report directly to Director, EMEA Security Operations. This position will be responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance and smooth operation of programs & processes associated with the sub-region of EMEA – Africa, and the development and maintenance of cross functional relationships with peers, stakeholders and suppliers in support of all regional security requirements. The Global Physical Security (GPS) Operations team is the primary interface with the Oracle community, and ensures that the businesses needs and expectations are met with high quality, industry standard programs and services.
- Management of the security regime for Africa, which currently consists of 14 office locations across 10 countries with a combined Oracle population of approximately 1’200 employees.
- Manage the capital and operational budgets related to security services and programs for the region.
- Conduct and maintain physical security risk assessments for the office portfolio, conduct security risk assessments for new office locations, employee travel and events as required.
- Incident response and investigation.
- Crisis response specific to GPS and core member of the Regional Crisis Management Team.
- Project Management Team member for new office builds, conversions and restructuring in respect of security design and regime operation.
- Develop and implement business plans to ensure continued optimal performance and excellent customer service throughout the region.
- Manage partner/vendor relations within the assigned region.
- Work in close liaison with the Global Security Operations Centers (GSOC), Security Systems, Risk &
- Investigations, Events, Crisis Management and Executive Protection teams.
- Liaison with internal Oracle partners to achieve objectives, develop new programs and leverage resources for program and service delivery.
- Liaison with external industry resources (e.g. law enforcement, military, emergency responders, industry peers & associations, etc.).
- Support the Director of EMEA as required.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years security industry experience, combined with a minimum of 4 years of management and leadership experience.
- Strong understanding of industry specific legislation and compliance requirements.
- Proficient with all basic Microsoft computer software programs and communications techniques.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English, CEFR level B2 as a minimum.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY, IMPACT OF DECISIONS AND DEGREE OF SUPERVISION:
- The GPS Operations Regional Security Manager scope of responsibility will be regional in nature.
- This is a management level position with a high degree of responsibility and strategic impact on the business function.
- Decision impact is high and the degree of supervision is remote and minimal.
PROCESSES AND METHODOLOGY USED TO PERFORM JOB:
This position will develop strategy, lead teams and resources to successful performance. Conduct analysis of business needs and identify programs & services required to meet those needs. The successful candidate will provide education and professional development guidance to teams, clients and other resources as required.
- This position requires some travel throughout the region and occasional international travel.
- This position requires positive partnership skills, effective communications, and positive human relations in business capabilities.
- This position must be able to perform the full range of very strategic business planning objectives, to very tactical processes, procedure and business analytics capabilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent is desired but not mandatory.
- Industry certifications are desired, but not mandatory.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Provides security services on company premises.
- Responsible for security in a specified facility or region. Conduct theft investigations. Provide security for sensitive exit interviews. Act as liaison between company and law enforcement agency. Implement corporate security policies and procedures. May be responsible for managing contract guard personnel.
- Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
- As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Oracle Corporation is an American multinational computer technology corporation, headquartered in Redwood City, California.