Applications DBA / eBS Cloud Architect – Principal Support Engineer
The Senior ACS eBS AppsDBA provides strategic solutions and architectural designs supporting the delivery of customer solutions within the Oracle and multi cloud technology stack: eBS Application, Single Sign-On, Integration support, Security.
eBS AppsDBA will lead complex eBS transitions to Cloud ensuring transition as per the best industry practices, with right architecture, security and DR setup. eBS transitions to Cloud may also involve Upgrade of eBS environment and implementing new features such as Cloud Manager, DevOps enabled architecture etc.
eBS AppsDBA must have a strong technical experience in administering, migrating and upgrading eBS applications.
- Analyses business needs to help ensure the target eBS cloud architecture meets the customer’s objectives
- Apply industry and Oracle best practices, product knowledge, and business acumen
- Providing technical guidance on cloud solutions to customer and other Oracle project team members to underpin successful project definition and delivery.
- Define, document, communicate, and maintain the target cloud architecture for the customers IT application, data and infrastructure including any transition architectures to ensure that the customers current and future needs will be met.
- Working closely with the ACS Project Managers (TAM) to ensure that the individual work streams that form the overall cloud solution are technically managed and designs and plans are maintained to reflect the customers agreed solution
- Be able to design solutions around multi-cloud and hybrid cloud setups
- Liaises with presales as to proposed solution, and ensures early ACS engagement.
- Apply the ACS Cloud Methodology (ACM) to ensure a proper end2end delivery of the solution considering relevant practices
- Be an active contributor to the ACS Global Virtual Teams (GVT) program
- Identifies and promotes opportunities for sales of Oracle products and services to support business growth
- Work with Oracle Managed Cloud Services on reference architecture definition, design and implementation
Required Technical Skills:
- Strong Oracle eBS Applications AppsDBA experience.
- Strong experience of eBS system troubleshooting, performance tuning, Backup & Recovery.
- Experience of eBS upgrades is highly desired.
- Capable of setting up eBS HA architecture, cloning and Disaster Recovery Solution setup.
- Strong Weblogic skills: Installation, Configuration, Tuning, troubleshooting.
- Capable of articulating challenges with regards to Integration in a hybrid cloud setup
- Knowledge of CEMLI related aspects of eBS implementation.
- Strong knowledge on Oracle Database and DB Cloud services
- knowledge of Oracle Cloud (OCI) incl. related networks technologies
- Good technical knowledge of relevant none Oracle product e.g. Kubernetes, Ansible, Docker, Terraform.
- Strong understanding of security & SSO solutions implementation.
- Knowledge of Cloud native design solutions
- Strong knowledge of securing On-Premise, Cloud and hybrid solutions
- Knowledge of Project Management principals such as PRINCE2
- DevOps experience/skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with experience of architectural/design principals (TOGAF like)
- Proven solution design skills in a large enterprise or service provider during design, implementation and service phases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff at all levels of the customer organization
- Understand and consider commercial impact of decision
- Displays a professional image in front of the customer
- Proactively works towards objectives and goals, delivering expected and agreed results within given deadlines
- Shows concern for the quality, standards and accuracy of own work
- Ensures start and end points and milestones are clearly defined to reduce uncertainty
- Breaks down complex problems/issues to determine suitability and makes appropriate assessments and recommendations
- Thinks outside the box and is creative with solutions
- Able to convince customers and others to own point of view
- Proactively takes ownership of tasks and challenges and sees them through
- Asserts authority when occasion/situation demands (escalation)
- Assumes role of the team leader.
- Coaches team members in relevant skills.
- Delegates appropriate tasks and monitors progress.
- Acts as a trusted advisor (a source of truth) to the customer
- Displays a professional image, behaves with integrity, and acts as an ambassador for Oracle at all times
- Strives to build effective interpersonal relationships with colleagues, third parties and customers
- Finds ways to recognize the contributions of others in the team.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Oracle Corporation is an American multinational computer technology corporation, headquartered in Redwood City, California.