Regional Finance Officer, Africa
You will have a bachelor’s degree in B.COM. At least five years of working experience in finance, preferably in the development sector. Professional qualification in accountancy such as ACCA or Certified Public Accountant. Skills in financial management and administration. Attention to detail, competent IT skills, ability to work under pressure and multi-tasking ability with an analytical and methodical approach.
Fluent in written and spoken English.
About the role
In this role you will be:
- Verifying preparation of budgets for GAC project Allocated and Indirect Expenses and sending for review to Senior Finance Officer.
- Verifying that the contract budgets are in line with the approved budgets.
- Responsible for processing payments related to corporate services unit.
- Reviewing and submitting mid-month and month end financial reports of the country offices to HQ.
- Verifying and processing all financial reports including bank reconciliations, petty cash reconciliations received from country offices.
- Processing travel expense reports/bills and other claims for the countries.
- Reviewing of annual financial statements in preparation for statutory audits.
What we offer
A competitive market pay, health and dental benefits and pension plan, flexible work hours, work from home, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays) and support for learning and development opportunities. We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment. Read more to know more about us Top Employers of National Capital Region 2020.
This contract is up to September 2022 position with a possibility of extension subject to funds availability and other factors. Selected candidates must have current legal entitlement to work in Kenya. We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Nutrition International
Nutrition International (formerly the Micronutrient Initiative) is passionate about tackling one of the world’s greatest health issues: malnutrition. Recognized as global experts, we work around the world to create effective and sustainable solutions for hidden hunger. Nutrition International has headquarters in Ottawa, Canada and regional offices in New Delhi, India to oversee Asian operations and in Nairobi, Kenya to oversee African operations. Nutrition International is a not-for-profit organization governed by a dedicated international Board of Directors and led by an internationally recognized team of technical experts, program designers, advocates, analysts, evaluators, implementers, educators, resource managers and nutrition champions.