Regional Advisor, Child Health and Nutrition
Job Type Full Time
Experience 10 years
Job Field Medical / Healthcare
Deadline for submission: October 2nd, 2020
Know our team
Nutrition International (NI) (formerly Micronutrient Initiative), is a Canadian based International Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) dedicated to improving the health and nutrition of mothers, children and adolescents. Recognized as global experts, we work around the world to create effective and sustainable solutions for hidden hunger. Our vision is ‘A world where everyone, everywhere is free from malnutrition and able to reach their full potential. Our Child Health and Nutrition unit comprises regional, national and global team of professionals located in Nairobi and our headquarters in Ottawa, Canada.Nutrition International is seeking applications for the position of Regional Advisor, Child Health and Nutrition to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
You will have Postgraduate level degree in Public Health, Human Nutrition or Child Health or related qualifications are essential. Qualification or training in Quality Assurance of programs is desirable. At least 10 years’ experience working in Public Health and Nutrition in Africa. Experience in international development work and monitoring and evaluation is desirable. Good understanding of gender and women’s empowerment and its links with improved children’s nutrition. Direct experience working on public health in at least two NI’s core countries (Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Senegal) is highly desirable.
About the role
In this role you will be:
- Supporting the development or evaluation research, opportunities and ideas when a need is identified, to investigate persistent constraints to improving Child Health and Nutrition to better inform program design and identify innovative and effective approaches which could be scaled up.
- Providing technical QA and support to Nutrition International staff and partners across relevant sectors in implementing programs in Child Health and Nutrition in the region, ensuring appropriate engagement of
- Government, development partners and other stakeholders.
- Developing additional regional networks and collaborative relations in the areas of child survival and zinc to facilitate and reinforce sharing of best practice with other relevant programs, experts and organizations in Africa.
- Monitoring approaches, roles of selected partners, tools, materials and strategies developed across Nutrition
- International projects and interventions to identify opportunities to contribute to organizational learning.
- Providing support to implementation research related to Child Health and Nutrition, and any evaluations to measure the impact of NI’s programs in this area.
What we offer
Nutrition International offers a highly competitive market pay, including health and wellness benefits, pension plan, flexible work hours, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays) and support for learning and development opportunities. We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment.
Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About Nutrition International (NI)
Nutrition International (formerly the Micronutrient Initiative) is passionate about tackling one of the world’s greatest health issues: malnutrition. Recognized as global experts, we work around the world to create effective and sustainable solutions for hidden hunger. Nutrition International has headquarters in Ottawa, Canada and regional offices in New Delhi, India to oversee Asian operations and in Nairobi, Kenya to oversee African operations. Nutrition International is a not-for-profit organization governed by a dedicated international Board of Directors and led by an internationally recognized team of technical experts, program designers, advocates, analysts, evaluators, implementers, educators, resource managers and nutrition champions.