Marketing & Portfolio Manager
Job Type Full Time
Experience 7 years
Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
We are looking to hire a Marketing & Portfolio Manager in EA Cluster, based in Nairobi – Kenya. The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing, maintaining and implementing a Marketing & Portfolio Strategy across EA.
- Support the oversight, implementation and effectiveness of a “One Novartis” EA Marketing strategy in line with the Regional SSA strategy.
- Offer leadership and guidance on all Marketing and Portfolio matters in EA, in line with the SSA regional strategy.
- Drive integrated approach across the cluster on market insights, business excellence, and portfolio and distribution channel optimization.
- Drive synergy across franchises in terms of portfolio, customer engagement and channel management
- Own portfolio of internal resources and external suppliers across the region
- Run tactical planning, follow up on execution and support operationalization of launch preparations (launch and competitor readiness) of the cluster and brands in line with EA commercial strategy.
Collaborates closely with Franchise Heads and Brand Managers to fully understand their needs
- Provide support to the Business Operations Head (and the broader EAC LT) in decision-making around launch sequencing, resources, target setting, top/bottom line maximization plans. Work closely with key commercial stakeholders at Cluster and regional level.
- Full adherence to P3 principles and ethical behaviors
- Actively engage in local external and internal Marketing networks to shape and influence the environment, and identify emerging trends/best practices.
- Conduct Marketing and Portfolio training, Coaching and monitoring activities to support awareness and build capabilities of Brand Managers and FF as necessary, across the Franchises.
- Regular updates, inputs and coordination on business strategy and opportunities.
- Represent EAC in key Marketing meetings and events, e.g. relevant external associations, conferences, meetings etc. to advocate and build Novartis brand, etc.
- Digital Innovation: Play a significant role in driving/supporting digital innovation in EAC including developing multi-channel platforms for customer engagement, creating and implementing online social media engagement strategies,
- Education: University Degree in Business, Marketing or Science preferred. Masters’ degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum 7 years of related business experience and minimum 3 years management experience. Strong strategic planning, Digital Marketing, analytical, operational excellence and budgeting capabilities. Excellent understanding of marketing processes in the healthcare sector. Experience across various therapy areas.
- Languages: Fluent English mandatory.
- Competencies: Digital & Technology Savvy, Operational Excellence, Stakeholder Engagement, Project
- Management, Interpersonal Skills.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for job.
Novartis provides healthcare solutions that improve and extend people’s lives. We use science-based innovation to address some of society’s most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible. Our company is focused on industry-leading divisions with innovation power and global scale: pharmaceuticals, eye care and generic medicines Novartis is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland. Novartis Group companies employ approximately 120,000 associates and its products are available in more than 180 countries around the world. Our Mission and Vision Our mission is to discover new ways to improve and extend people’s lives. Our vision is to be a trusted leader in changing the practice of medicine. Our Values Strong values define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.