Head, Public Affairs EA Cluster
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 years
Job Field Medical / Healthcare
This role will be required to pro-actively: Shape the Health Care policy environment across the multiple countries of the Cluster, position Novartis as a trusted partner and policy thought leader, build strong local stakeholder relationships and partnerships & establish Public Affairs as a strong function/business partner in the Cluster.
- Provide support to Public Affairs and Policy and Corporate Leads, as well as senior country leadership in order to effectively build and manage Novartis’ external reputation to engage and lead in relevant policy discussions.
- Contribute to the creation, revision and publishing of policy documents, advocacy toolkits, training materials. -Deliver, advice and prepare briefs for senior management
- Develop evidence and policy collateral (reports, audits, surveys) that support priority brands / issues.
- Liaise with business functions to provide key support for market related tasks (i.e. stakeholder management) -Work with external partners such as think tanks, industry groups and other third parties.
- Team member on specific projects, lead smaller projects. -Monitor and provide updates to the business on external policy and political (federal and state) developments. -Ensure smooth information exchange with corporate as well as global public affairs functions.
- Build Public Affairs and issue management competency in the market
- Develop strong partnership working relationships
- Design and maintain platforms, tools and decks in support of overall Public Affairs.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or advanced degree in Law, Public Policy, Political Sciences or Business.
- 5 years+ business experience in the pharma industry and/or 5 years+ working experience in a Public Affairs related setting with significant African exposure.
- Proven English writing and communication skills. -Established pharma and healthcare system knowledge.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
Novartis provides healthcare solutions that improve and extend people’s lives. We use science-based innovation to address some of society’s most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible. Our company is focused on industry-leading divisions with innovation power and global scale: pharmaceuticals, eye care and generic medicines Novartis is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland. Novartis Group companies employ approximately 120,000 associates and its products are available in more than 180 countries around the world. Our Mission and Vision Our mission is to discover new ways to improve and extend people’s lives. Our vision is to be a trusted leader in changing the practice of medicine. Our Values Strong values define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.