Secondary Computer Studies & Business Studies Learning Designer
About The Role
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Using themes, big ideas, and the Kenyan National Curriculum to create the day by day overview of the Computer and Business lessons
- Creating year-long Scope & Sequences for your subject areas and grade levels
- Creating detailed, inquiry-based lesson plans using project-based learning, multimedia approaches, and group work
- Creating materials that go along with each lesson
- Creating a full unit’s worth of material that culminates in Project Based Learning
- Working with your manager and the classroom teachers to revise lessons after they have been taught.
- Working with learning designers in Languages, Humanities, Sciences, and Mathematics to create integrated projects
- Creating strong assessments/rubrics/continuums/checklists that allow each teacher to evaluate students
- Creating assessments that infuse multiple assessment methods into the questions.
- Receiving professional development on the Nova Pioneer Model of Learning Design, integrated curriculum design, STEAM, and Project-Based Learning
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned by your manager
Skills and Qualifications required:
- You have 2+ years of teaching experience in a rigorous, high-expectations setting
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- You have distinctive experience and interest in Computer Studies and Business Studies
- You have a mastery of Microsoft Office Suite (including Microsoft Access)
- You are knowledgeable in programming languages, including Java and HTML
- Experience in examining KCSE Business or Computer Studies is a plus
- You have a track record of developing creative and rigorous curriculum that has led to distinctive learning outcomes and can demonstrate this through example products and references
- You have a desire to further develop your curriculum development skills and apply them to transform the lives of African youth
- You have strong writing skills and are able to use those to create lessons that will help students learn while being engaged and interested
- You are driven by data and can use data from student assessments to strengthen lessons and spiral in key skills
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Nova Pioneer
Nova Pioneer Education Group is a Pan-African independent school network offering preschool through secondary education for students from ages 3 through 19. We prepare the next generation of leaders and innovators through world-class teaching methods with an emphasis on 21st century skills. We established Nova Pioneer because we believe education should prepare young people to create their future, not just work in it. Nova Pioneer is a launchpad where ambitious young Africans can begin to shape a better future for the continent and the world. We began by asking ourselves the question, "What capabilities will young people need to succeed in and shape the future that they will encounter, and what approaches to education will best develop those capabilities?” All of our founders have extensive backgrounds in education at top institutions across the globe, having studied at universities such as Harvard and Stanford and led education programs for McKinsey and Co., the African Leadership Academy, and top school networks in the US (Excel Academies). Yet at Nova Pioneer we believe that you never stop learning. So we visited and studied leading schools spanning from Singapore to Peru, and the United States to the United Kingdom. We connected with leaders of the cutting-edge education research, and leading thinkers on 21st Century Learning such as Sir Ken Robinson and teachers and atelieristas from Reggio Emilia, the leading global early education model, to name a few. We launched our first school in South Africa in 2014, with the aim of incorporating the best education models in the world, while keeping it as affordable as possible. We’ve since expanded within South Africa, and to Kenya as well - with our first Kenyan school launching in 2015. In all of our schools, we bring in and train top educators to deliver educational excellence in an environment that nurtures our students to uncover their potential and blaze trails in the world beyond our school walls.