Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldProcurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Procurement Assistant to manage day-to-day tasks and gain functional knowledge and experience in catering operations and supplies management. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Planning for procurement of stock and non stock items.
- Receipting of catering products, documentation and storage of inventory.
- Ensuring clear documentation of key storage areas are implemented.
- Keeping a detailed and organised stocks control management system for auditing purposes.
- Ensuring vendor management and vendor accounts and payments reconciliation.
- Managing and processing day to day catering information requests from the school campuses
- Maintaining high standards of professionalism and hygiene of the stores by liaising with the respective catering stewards in the school campuses.
- From time to time seeking customers ( students and teammates) feedback on service delivery for continuous improvement.
- Providing insights to the catering team on costs and consumption trends based on data collected and analysed.
- Performing any other duties requested by the Catering Services Manager.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications required:
- A Diploma in Procurement and Supplies Management or Certificate in Stores Management
- Good working knowledge with Microsoft Excel
- Work experience is preferred but not a must
- You love all things data
- You have strong project management skills: able to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines and targets.
- Excitement about our organizational culture—and in particular, be fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a fire-hose of feedback.
- You are a strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- You have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- You are a quick learner with a strong growth mindset
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Nova Pioneer
Nova Pioneer Education Group is a Pan-African independent school network offering preschool through secondary education for students from ages 3 through 19. We prepare the next generation of leaders and innovators through world-class teaching methods with an emphasis on 21st century skills. We established Nova Pioneer because we believe education should prepare young people to create their future, not just work in it. Nova Pioneer is a launchpad where ambitious young Africans can begin to shape a better future for the continent and the world. We began by asking ourselves the question, "What capabilities will young people need to succeed in and shape the future that they will encounter, and what approaches to education will best develop those capabilities?” All of our founders have extensive backgrounds in education at top institutions across the globe, having studied at universities such as Harvard and Stanford and led education programs for McKinsey and Co., the African Leadership Academy, and top school networks in the US (Excel Academies). Yet at Nova Pioneer we believe that you never stop learning. So we visited and studied leading schools spanning from Singapore to Peru, and the United States to the United Kingdom. We connected with leaders of the cutting-edge education research, and leading thinkers on 21st Century Learning such as Sir Ken Robinson and teachers and atelieristas from Reggio Emilia, the leading global early education model, to name a few. We launched our first school in South Africa in 2014, with the aim of incorporating the best education models in the world, while keeping it as affordable as possible. We’ve since expanded within South Africa, and to Kenya as well - with our first Kenyan school launching in 2015. In all of our schools, we bring in and train top educators to deliver educational excellence in an environment that nurtures our students to uncover their potential and blaze trails in the world beyond our school walls.