Locum School Nurse
About The Role
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Managing our students’ wellness and development and offering them psycho-social support as needed.
- Maintaining close liaison with the medical staff at the nearest private hospital consistently
- Handle confidential situations, information, and documentation.
- Maintain an updated record of all medication in the infirmary and tracking student medical history.
- Develop a robust reporting system within the infirmary and communicate with the procurement team in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively at all levels with students, staff, parents and other clinicians and paramedics.
- Inspecting boarding house facilities (toilets and bathrooms, laundry area) when pupils are away from the facilities and appraise the level of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Monitoring standards achieved by cleaners and other support agencies within the Boarding House and report on any deficiencies to the Director, Operations.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- A professional, flexible and conscientious registered nurse with the ability to build a harmonious, energetic and cohesive relationship with students and co-workers.
- Professional counseling skills with a proven track record will be an advantage.
- You have 3-4 years’ experience as a registered nurse.
- You have a Diploma or Degree in Nursing with great people skills.
- You are willing to reside on the school campus under the school’s housing scheme.
- A Female Nurse is preferred.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
To apply, please complete the form on the right-hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, you are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
All applications will be reviewed and applicants notified of next steps. There are a series of stages in the Nova Pioneer interview process and candidates will be moved forward in the process depending on their success in the previous stage. The process is as follows:
Phone interview: a short conversation to understand your skills and experience a little better.
Practical demonstration of what you can do: you will complete a written task or a demonstration related to the role you are applying for. Teachers participate in a half-day selection day at one of our campuses as well as deliver a lesson to a class.
In-person interviews: at this point, you will visit one of our schools to meet the team and participate in a series of in-person interviews.
Final interview: you’ll have a final conversation with the hiring manager before decisions are made.
WORKING AT NOVA PIONEER
Nova Pioneer is a place where our people experience tremendous growth, fast! We invest heavily in the growth of our people because it leads to greater mastery in both us and our students. “Novaneers” work harder and work longer hours than most schools but as a result, the growth they experience is extraordinary. We offer consistent and ongoing personal development and provide clear career pathways that ensure that our people are always achieving their personal and professional best. Nova Pioneer has a highly energetic, entrepreneurial environment where our people get to bring their creative and innovative ideas to life. We look for people who are flexible and who are able to adapt and respond quickly to adversity with a positive, can-do attitude (there are no problems, only solutions!). We welcome challenges and roll with the punches because it makes us, and our students, better. There is no problem too big for us! We bring infectious energy and enthusiasm to everything we do because joy fuels our work and learning. Read more about our culture principles here.
About Nova Pioneer
Nova Pioneer Education Group is a Pan-African independent school network offering preschool through secondary education for students from ages 3 through 19. We prepare the next generation of leaders and innovators through world-class teaching methods with an emphasis on 21st century skills. We established Nova Pioneer because we believe education should prepare young people to create their future, not just work in it. Nova Pioneer is a launchpad where ambitious young Africans can begin to shape a better future for the continent and the world. We began by asking ourselves the question, "What capabilities will young people need to succeed in and shape the future that they will encounter, and what approaches to education will best develop those capabilities?” All of our founders have extensive backgrounds in education at top institutions across the globe, having studied at universities such as Harvard and Stanford and led education programs for McKinsey and Co., the African Leadership Academy, and top school networks in the US (Excel Academies). Yet at Nova Pioneer we believe that you never stop learning. So we visited and studied leading schools spanning from Singapore to Peru, and the United States to the United Kingdom. We connected with leaders of the cutting-edge education research, and leading thinkers on 21st Century Learning such as Sir Ken Robinson and teachers and atelieristas from Reggio Emilia, the leading global early education model, to name a few. We launched our first school in South Africa in 2014, with the aim of incorporating the best education models in the world, while keeping it as affordable as possible. We’ve since expanded within South Africa, and to Kenya as well - with our first Kenyan school launching in 2015. In all of our schools, we bring in and train top educators to deliver educational excellence in an environment that nurtures our students to uncover their potential and blaze trails in the world beyond our school walls.