Global Technology (Tech) Senior Associate
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldICT / Computer
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Global Tech Senior Associate based in Kenya supporting our schools in Kenya and South Africa. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
About the role:
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Supporting our core platforms to power our teams: Coordinating top notch support across our core platforms:
- Salesforce, Edadmin, and Netsuite in a timely manner to serve the end user – ensuring that support is dynamic and effective, that processes are standardised and delivery and resolution to issues arising are timely.
- User Training: Building and executing ongoing training programmes for our internal teams to ensure they’re able to drive their work efficiently and effectively, and have fluent understanding of the tech platforms that drive their work. Going above and beyond to ensure user adoption.
- Customisation and development of platforms & syncs: Identify any custom development needs, including staying current with new features and version roll-outs / rollovers to ensure that all systems stay current and that data flows seamlessly between them.
- Network & Servers: Troubleshooting. testing, and repairing network, including maintenance and inspection of network and server systems and performing upgrades where necessary, advising schools on network set-up and improvements for cost efficiency.
- Hardware: Supporting the management, maintenance, upgrading, and tracking of tech assets. Supporting teammates to troubleshoot where and when issues occur.
- Google Suite Management & Support: Management of google console, assisting with setting up and maintaining an accurate list of student and staff accounts on all our systems, including managing access settings and quickly changing student Chromebook device settings when needed.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in a related field, required
- You strive for excellence in every detail of your work and inspire and challenge everyone around you to do the same.
- Our culture resonates deeply with your values—and in particular, you are excited to challenge yourself by taking risks and getting more feedback than you’ve ever gotten before
- 3+ years work experience in fast-paced, growth-oriented organisation
- Deep experience with Salesforce (or similar), Netsuite (or similar ERP), Edadmin (or other SIS)
- Proven ability to work well with stakeholders of different levels and backgrounds
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience working experience in functional and/or technical design of custom technology applications (Java, .NET, C/C++)
- Knowledge on UML, XML and SQL
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Nova Pioneer
Nova Pioneer Education Group is a Pan-African independent school network offering preschool through secondary education for students from ages 3 through 19. We prepare the next generation of leaders and innovators through world-class teaching methods with an emphasis on 21st century skills. We established Nova Pioneer because we believe education should prepare young people to create their future, not just work in it. Nova Pioneer is a launchpad where ambitious young Africans can begin to shape a better future for the continent and the world. We began by asking ourselves the question, "What capabilities will young people need to succeed in and shape the future that they will encounter, and what approaches to education will best develop those capabilities?” All of our founders have extensive backgrounds in education at top institutions across the globe, having studied at universities such as Harvard and Stanford and led education programs for McKinsey and Co., the African Leadership Academy, and top school networks in the US (Excel Academies). Yet at Nova Pioneer we believe that you never stop learning. So we visited and studied leading schools spanning from Singapore to Peru, and the United States to the United Kingdom. We connected with leaders of the cutting-edge education research, and leading thinkers on 21st Century Learning such as Sir Ken Robinson and teachers and atelieristas from Reggio Emilia, the leading global early education model, to name a few. We launched our first school in South Africa in 2014, with the aim of incorporating the best education models in the world, while keeping it as affordable as possible. We’ve since expanded within South Africa, and to Kenya as well - with our first Kenyan school launching in 2015. In all of our schools, we bring in and train top educators to deliver educational excellence in an environment that nurtures our students to uncover their potential and blaze trails in the world beyond our school walls.