Global Technology (Tech) Manager- Kenya Based
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldICT / Computer
Nova Pioneer is looking for a rockstar Global Technology Manager who will be based in Kenya. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
About the role:
This role will work closely with our Global Director of Operations and various functions in Marketing, Finance, Operations and our school network.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Strategy/ ArchitectureWork with the Global Director of Operations across geographies to ensure that our overall systems and data architecture flow across the organization as intended, in particular our core systems of ERP (Netsuite), CRM (Salesforce), and SIS (Edadmin)
- Needs Analysis and ImprovementsWork with internal business owners to lead and support the improvement and development of our key systems.
- Implementation and TrainingResponsible for building and executing the implementation plan with our partners and internal teams, including but not limited to the tech(IT) associates in Kenya and South Africa.
- Custom DevelopmentIdentify any custom development needs, and work with internal and external resources to implement and roll out as per the strategy. Own the road map for new feature and version roll-outs / roll overs, and ensure that the users of the respective systems get the requisite support & training
- Support ManagementEnsuring that support across all of our core systems is dynamic and effective, that processes are standardised and delivery and resolution to issues arising are timely.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Completed a Bachelors Degree- A Degree in Computer Science or Information preferred
- 5+ years work experience in fast-paced, growth-oriented organisations
- Experiencing working in a company both globally and cross-functionally
- Proven ability to work well with stakeholders of different levels and backgrounds
- Experience designing and implementing org-wide systems and processes
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Experience working experience in functional and/or technical design of custom technology applications (Java, .NET, C/C++)
- Knowledge on UML, XML and SQL
- Strong project management skills
- Familiarity and experience with Salesforce and Netsuite (or similar ERP)
- You are flexible and open to change – you handle uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity well.
- You are a problem solver – you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making an effort to find appropriate solutions.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Nova Pioneer
Nova Pioneer Education Group is a Pan-African independent school network offering preschool through secondary education for students from ages 3 through 19. We prepare the next generation of leaders and innovators through world-class teaching methods with an emphasis on 21st century skills. We established Nova Pioneer because we believe education should prepare young people to create their future, not just work in it. Nova Pioneer is a launchpad where ambitious young Africans can begin to shape a better future for the continent and the world. We began by asking ourselves the question, "What capabilities will young people need to succeed in and shape the future that they will encounter, and what approaches to education will best develop those capabilities?” All of our founders have extensive backgrounds in education at top institutions across the globe, having studied at universities such as Harvard and Stanford and led education programs for McKinsey and Co., the African Leadership Academy, and top school networks in the US (Excel Academies). Yet at Nova Pioneer we believe that you never stop learning. So we visited and studied leading schools spanning from Singapore to Peru, and the United States to the United Kingdom. We connected with leaders of the cutting-edge education research, and leading thinkers on 21st Century Learning such as Sir Ken Robinson and teachers and atelieristas from Reggio Emilia, the leading global early education model, to name a few. We launched our first school in South Africa in 2014, with the aim of incorporating the best education models in the world, while keeping it as affordable as possible. We’ve since expanded within South Africa, and to Kenya as well - with our first Kenyan school launching in 2015. In all of our schools, we bring in and train top educators to deliver educational excellence in an environment that nurtures our students to uncover their potential and blaze trails in the world beyond our school walls.