Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Finance Assistant to help manage its Accounting & Reporting function for a short stint of 3 months as a maternity reliever. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Liquidity Management :Ensure that the company has sufficient liquidity to settle all its obligations as they become due. To accomplish this task you will need to be able to forecast spending & receipts 1-3 months in advance, and provide insights to management regarding any gaps or opportunities for wealth maximization that might arise
- Supplier Management Weekly processing of payment requests to ensure timely payment of all obligations, Weekly review of AP aging within guidance, and follow up for older balance to come up with resolutions
- General Ledger Management: Weekly posting of each week’s transactions
- Compliance: Monthly filing of withholding & VAT taxes
- Reconciliations: Weekly reconciliation of all cash and cash equivalent accounts, Monthly statement reconciliation with credit suppliers to ensure nil variances, Monthly reconciliation of related party ledger accounts
- Reporting: Monthly reporting to the finance & other teams on above responsibilities
- Training & Development : Support the development of an AP manual to guide AP processes, Lead team in monthly activity that helps build Nova Pioneer Culture Principles in the team
Skills, Experience & Qualifications required:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (in Business preferred)
- CPA (K) or Finalist or its equivalent (ACCA, CA etc)
- A minimum of 1-2 years of working experience.
- Experience in GL management – specifically AP management.
- Experience in a startup or in a company that gives you significant autonomy and responsibility is a plus!
- Results driven: goal oriented, moves fast and takes ownership of work.
- Have strong skills working with data: Know how to structure data in a compelling way
- Analyze data to pull out key insights and trends &
- Make data-driven decisions.
- Have strong project management skills: able to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines and targets.
- Excitement about our organizational culture—and in particular, be fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a fire-hose of feedback.
- Ability to treat all confidential information with the utmost professionalism.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Nova Pioneer
Nova Pioneer Education Group is a Pan-African independent school network offering preschool through secondary education for students from ages 3 through 19. We prepare the next generation of leaders and innovators through world-class teaching methods with an emphasis on 21st century skills. We established Nova Pioneer because we believe education should prepare young people to create their future, not just work in it. Nova Pioneer is a launchpad where ambitious young Africans can begin to shape a better future for the continent and the world. We began by asking ourselves the question, "What capabilities will young people need to succeed in and shape the future that they will encounter, and what approaches to education will best develop those capabilities?” All of our founders have extensive backgrounds in education at top institutions across the globe, having studied at universities such as Harvard and Stanford and led education programs for McKinsey and Co., the African Leadership Academy, and top school networks in the US (Excel Academies). Yet at Nova Pioneer we believe that you never stop learning. So we visited and studied leading schools spanning from Singapore to Peru, and the United States to the United Kingdom. We connected with leaders of the cutting-edge education research, and leading thinkers on 21st Century Learning such as Sir Ken Robinson and teachers and atelieristas from Reggio Emilia, the leading global early education model, to name a few. We launched our first school in South Africa in 2014, with the aim of incorporating the best education models in the world, while keeping it as affordable as possible. We’ve since expanded within South Africa, and to Kenya as well - with our first Kenyan school launching in 2015. In all of our schools, we bring in and train top educators to deliver educational excellence in an environment that nurtures our students to uncover their potential and blaze trails in the world beyond our school walls.