SME IP Operations Engineer
Job Type Full Time
Experience 7 years
Job Field ICT / Computer
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Plans and performs technical activities in Transmission Network to service the customer and brings expertise to customer site on need basis
- Managing IPRAN transport networks
- Plans and executes technical tasks requiring specialist skills in IP Transmission links in the Network.
- Managing the utilization and optimization of IP Transmission links in the network
- Responsible for supporting IPRAN KPIs
- Works independently with the responsibility for solving transmission related customer request cases and reporting according to processes.
- Identifies and solves technical problems in Transmission and enterprise links of customer network.
- Responsible for fault management and problem management activities in transmission domain and its supporting processes.
- Shares knowledge in own professional area.
- May support areas by participating in emergency and 24/7 duty on need basis.
Key Result Areas
- Consistently good performance in transmission systems
- Consistency in Proactive Fault management.
- Effective problem management in transmission network
- Effective operations processes and work flows.
- Competence development of self and support for transmission team.
Key Performance Standards
- Monthly average availability of all IPRAN links 99.995%
- Quarterly average of zero count of repeat failures in the network
- Fault resolution within MTTR
- 100% compliance to RCA Process and SLA
- Ensure 100% redundancy of all backbone and aggregation transmission routes
- Bachelor of Telecommunication/Electronic Engineering /Computer Science
- Minimum of 7 years working experience in large Mobile Network Operator with the MPBN, IPRAN and EPC domains.
- IP/MPLS Multi vendor experience in HUAWEI, CISCO, JUNIPER, Extreme Networks, NOKIA and ZTE platforms
- Packet core Experience in Ericsson nodes (PCRF, EPG, GGSN,SGN) Including Charging nodes in data networks
- Good understanding of the commercial deployment of EPC/LTE, which could include design, test and/or deployment. Understanding of the evolution of 3G networks moving towards 4G.
- Detailed understanding of IP technology and its interrelation with supported domains; a working knowledge of the domains to facilitate E2E service flow.
- Experience of deployment of key network systems through the delivery life cycle from initial design to full operational handover .
- Personal Integrity and good interpersonal relationship. Good analytical and problem solving skills.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
Nokia Corporation, stylised as NOKIA, is a Finnish multinational communications and information technology company, founded in 1865. Nokia is headquartered in Espoo, Uusimaa, in the greater Helsinki metropolitan area.