Relationship Manager – Islamic Banking
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
The role holder will be responsible for business growth within Islamic Banking segment through acquisition of new business and portfolio growth. He/she will also be required to implement the Islamic Banking Business Development initiatives within the assigned branch/region, influence business by determining innovative solutions, leverage best practice and assimilate with proven practices to ensure exceptional relationship management and customer experience.
- Implement the Islamic Banking business development initiatives in line with the Islamic Banking strategy and business growth plan.
- Develop, grow and maintain a strong client and transaction pipeline and convert these to businesses that achieve customer satisfaction, the Bank’s objectives and strategic goals.
- Actively market and drive the uptake of the Islamic banking services and products to new and existing clients.
- Identify opportunities for cross-selling of relevant products and services.
- Identify opportunities for growth and new business acquisition through market research, analysis and networking.
- Ensure day-to-day client relationship management and engagement with customers to foster good and lasting business partnerships for the customer and the Bank.
- Promote excellent customer experience by driving and advocating customer requirements through the various functions in the Bank to deliver high service standards that delight the customers.
- Ensure compliance with Islamic Banking Shari’ah standards while adhering of the Bank’s policies and other relevant regulations and standards.
- Partner with Regional Management, Branch Management teams and Support Functions to increase the market share of Islamic Banking segment though sustainable business.
- Drive transactional income from Islamic Banking business through effective service and cross selling the Bank’s products and services.
- Establish profitable banking relationships by providing high quality banking and other financial services
- Provide feedback to Management on Islamic Banking market analysis and segmentation with regards to products, credit risk evaluation and customer feedback among others.
- In liaison with other stakeholders, ensure quality portfolio management by effective identification of risks and mitigations.
- Conduct preliminary credit reviews and make recommendation for new and existing facilities in line with the
- Bank’s credit policy and Shariah Compliance guidelines.
- Regularly monitor performing/non performing accounts within the assigned portfolio.
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Personal Attributes:
- A University Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Banking or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Three (3) year’s banking experience in a similar role from a reputable organization.
- Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial thinking
- Integrity & courage to challenge the status quo.
- Strong persuasion, management, presentation and communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management and organisational skills
- Creative approach, with the ability to anticipate challenges and develop innovative solutions
- Agility and ability to drive change
- Governance – knowledge and ability to ensure good governance practices
- Credit analysis skills and ability to develop credit reports
- Excellent sales/marketing skills
- Negotiation & Exceptional customer service skills
- Relationship management skills
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About National Bank of Kenya
National Bank is a major player in Kenya’s banking industry. It is one of the largest banks in the country giving financial services to all sectors of the economy. The bank will continue to cover the financial landscape and respond positively to the needs of its customers, shareholders and the economy besides offering traditional financial services and products.