Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldICT / Computer
Nation Media Group seeks to recruit an experienced and self-motivated individual to the position of Web Developer in the IT department:
Reporting to the Digital Operations Manager, the job holder will be responsible for back-end programming for websites; which includes setting up web content management system (WCMS) as well configuring and maintaining the publicly accessible websites.
- Working closely with Project Managers and other members of the development team to develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure the timely completion of deliverables;
- Integrating design templates with Content Management System (CMS);
- Configuring web servers, application servers and databases;
- Developing web functionality and applications;
- Bug fixing and documenting;
- Running maintenance on databases and servers; and
- Working with diverse teams so as to develop the Digital business
Qualifications, Experience & skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Experienced developer in more than 1 Object Oriented programming languages – Java, Python, Ruby, PHP, C#/C++
- Clear understanding of MVC and MVC frameworks such as Spring/Laravel
- Understanding of HTTP protocol (method/response codes), REST/RESTful web services and SOAP
- Understanding of JSON or XML
- Basics of security and authorization frameworks such as OAUTH and API Keys
- Basics of a persistence framework like Spring/Hibernate
- Ability to access the best technology to use in a project;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Experience in working with a CMS will be an added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Nation Media
The Nation Media Group is the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media, which attract and serve unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda. As a brand, we are committed to generating and creating content that will inform, educate and entertain our consumers across the different platforms, keeping in mind the changing needs and trends in the industry.
As a brand, we are committed to generating and creating content that will inform, educate and entertain our consumers across the different platforms, keeping in mind the changing needs and trends in the industry. In our journey, nothing matters more than the integrity, transparency, and balance in journalism that we have publicly committed ourselves to. NMG journalism seeks to positively transform the society it serves, by influencing social, economic and political progress.