Business Development Executive
About the role
Musoni System is seeking for high calibre business development professionals who will drive business success through the acquisition of new mid-market and enterprise customers from all areas of the financial services industry across the whole of Africa. The role will involve developing strong relationships with the key players in the East African microfinance sector, generating new leads through contacts, presentations & workshops, and taking those leads through the sales process and pipeline. The Business Development Executive role will report to the Head of Africa. This role will include hands-on work with HubSpot and Atlassian Jira.
- Build, maintain and grow the deal pipeline in line with the Musoni sales process. This will involve following up with all new contacts, maintaining existing opportunities, understanding customer requirements, responding to RFPs and giving system demos.
- Manage potential customers through the full sales cycle, closing mid-market deals and supporting on enterprise deals.
- Develop important and influential relationships within potential customers by translating user challenges and opportunities into unique business value, creating opportunities to both establish and expand our cooperation.
Does this sound like you?
Critical Requirements for the Role (Must-Have’s):
- 3-5 years of experience in B2B business development, preferably within one of the following areas: Software as a
- Service, Enterprise software and/or Banking software
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills and an ability to present confidently before senior management in financial institutions.
- A good track record of over quota performances closing deals of €20-50k.
- Good understanding of technology, and the benefits that technology can bring to financial organisations.
- Ability to understand the operational requirements of customers and their needs from a banking system.
Preferred requirements (Nice-to-have’s):
Deep knowledge of the East African microfinance sector, with previous experience working in the banking/microfinance industry.
- An ability to thrive in a growing organisation and contribute to processes being built from ground up.
- An ability to complete tasks with sheer diligence.
- A quick learner who understands the complexities of the financial business and adapts accordingly.
The role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya, with occasional travel within East Africa and to Amsterdam. Only candidates with the right to work in Kenya will be considered.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Musoni is derived from "m-usoni” where "m” stands for Mobile and "usoni” is the Swahili word for Future, hence Mobile Future. Musoni is the future of high quality micro-financial services and leverages Information Communication Technology (ICT) heavily to manage its operations much more efficiently than peer organizations, and to scale rapidly as it delivers better services to clients. Our Vision Musoni Kenya envisions to be the most efficient microfinance institution in Kenya by being cashless, paperless and data-driven to offer the best value, most flexible and most customer-oriented financial services in the market. Our Mission To grow, build and maximize the potential of the businesses of the low income and unbanked of Kenya through the provision of affordable, flexible and customer-oriented financial services.