Chief Executive Officer
Job TypeFull Time
Experience5 – 10 years
Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial
Experience and Skills Required:
- 10+ years of experience with 5+ years of experience leading and scaling a high growth start-up, preferably a company with venture funding and 100+ employees
- P&L responsibilities at CEO or another senior level
- Proven track record of building successful products and high performing teams from the ground up
- Prior working experience in developing digital products and solutions
- Relevant education industry experience is highly preferred
- Experience in managing a Board of Directors and corporate stakeholders
- Preferably, experience in agile, lean startup product management processes
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position
- Will live and breathe Moringa’s mission and vision and communicate what Moringa does with passion to others
- High commitment to results and drive and determination to exceed goals
- Strong organizational skills, including effective time management and prioritization of competing demands/multiple deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible and the ability to adapt to changing needs on specific projects
International, multi-country experience preferable
- Must-have: Pan-African Experience i.e living / working in countries in Pan-Africa for at least 3 years
- Vision, Strategy and GrowthSetting the vision for the company and defining the overall strategy in its growth stage.
- Developing and implementing scalable and efficient strategies to ensure consistent results and exponential growth and driving multi-country growth, profitability and company value.
- Developing Culture and TalentAttracting, retaining and developing world-class talent and cultivating a high-performing and agile team culture.
- Operations and OptimizationDriving day-to-day operations and aligning resources to achieve key business goals.
- FinanceOwning the operational budget, P&L and managing burn rate.
- External marketManaging competitive dynamics and threats in the marketplace, with constant evaluation of the financial structure, capital strategy and strategic objectives.
- FundraiseRaising aligned equity and grant capital with board members for Moringa to ensure the company is well capitalized.
- Thought leaderProviding expert guidance to all functional areas, including operations, marketing and product.
- Board managementReporting updates to the Board of Directors and key stakeholders regarding progress on strategic goals.
- Public champion and partnershipsBuilding strategic partnerships and relationships to drive growth, and building a strong reputation for Moringa to establish credibility throughout the customer and partner network.
- Student-FocusedThe CEO is able to sit down in the classroom and empathize with students – and knows he/she is responsible for ensuring our staff and goals remain student-focused.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Moringa School
Founded in April 2014, Moringa School plays a crucial role in developing and nurturing highly potential individuals who are passionate about technology and want to take a lead role in mobile and web development through equipping them with life long skills. Through our top quality teachers, to our intensive curriculum we are creating world-class developers in Africa with the help of our partnership with Hack Reactor and many other coding schools from all around the world. We are dedicated to committing the majority of our profits back to our main mission of transforming higher education in Africa. Diversity We are an all inclusive school that is accepting of students and staff from all walks of life. Our ever growing community comprises of people from all backgrounds each and every one of whom share a passion for code. Vision Our vision is to increase access to high quality market driven education that empowers people to pursue excellence and transform society. Mission Our goal is to build human capacity by training people of varied technical ability in a holistic way; we focus on both technical proficiency and personal growth, meaning that graduates are effective learners and contributors, and well rounded employees and leaders.