Job Type Full Time
Job Field Manufacturing
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Moko’s Production Officers help us bring joy to thousands of families by manufacturing world-class furniture. You’ll lead a production team for a key product category, such as sofas, mattresses or foam cushions. Production Officers are organized and driven team leaders who are eager to join us in building one of Africa’s largest furniture factories.
THE ROLE IN BRIEF
Bring delight to our customers by making quality products, efficiently
- Lead your team in meeting production targets while upholding high standards of quality and safety
- Ensure efficient management of raw material inventory and determine optimum stock and re-order levels
- Collaborate with finance, sales and warehousing teams to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Plan production scheduling to meet customer demand
- Coordinate with maintenance team to maximize machine uptime
- Achieve consistent levels of high quality and support a culture of continuous improvement
Lead a high-performing production team
- Provide continuous feedback and coaching; regularly review team members’ performance
- Assist in the hiring and training of new team members
- Achieve high compliance with health and safety standards and other best-practice policies and procedures
CAREER GROWTH + COMPENSATION
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
ARE YOU OUR DREAM CANDIDATE?
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills, including the ability to develop operational tools in Microsoft Excel
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to relate well with direct reports, customers and colleagues.
- Strong attention to details and ability to deliver on assigned tasks with independence and little supervision
- Candidates with at least 2 years’ experience supervising a team preferable
- Strong professional references demonstrating professional accomplishment and trustworthiness
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices and lean manufacturing policies and procedures
- Eagerness to join a young, quickly-growing organization and team
- Technical background a plus
- Female Candidates are Encouraged to Apply for this Role
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About Moko Home + Living
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity and passion. Our customers dream of a better night's sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play. But they tell us this isn't easy - they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank. Join us in building the products, the brand and the network to put quality living within everyone's reach.