Senior Software Engineering Manager
Role typePeople Manager
Do you want to be at the center of Cloud Computing? Are you passionate in working on products that make Azure as “The Developer’s Cloud” – the place that every developer thinks first when they build their cloud application? We’re DevDiv Azure Services Group who build and run developer services, such as:
Azure App Configuration – https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/app-configuration/
Azure DataDog Integration (Preview) – https://www.crn.com/slide-shows/cloud/14-top-azure-announcements-from-microsoft-ignite-2020/12
And we are incubating two more services that will be announced later this year.
We’re looking for an engineering manager who is passionate in building state-of-art services that make Azure become a better platform for developers. As a team leader, you’ll have the opportunity to work with talented engineers across the globe to tackle large scale technical problems which gives you a great opportunity to impact Azure. This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. You’ll be leading a team in which each team member works directly with one of these service teams in Redmond. You will have opportunities to collaborate with each service team and ensure their business continuity.
- Build a diverse team and help the engineers to work towards Microsoft’s vision following the company culture.
- Grow a high-performing team where each team member feels the impact of their work.
- Coach, model and care the team to ensure each team member feels belong to the team.
- Deliver new features for various Azure services to meet customers’ needs.
- Improve the fundamentals of Azure services to ensure performance, scalability and reliability.
- Participate in full lifecycle of an Azure service including development, release, live-site and customer support to ensure service quality and drive customer satisfaction.
- Work together with teams in Redmond to ensure business continuity.
- Partner with other remote teams to build global developer services.
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience in managing engineering teams
- Strategic thinking and ability to multi-task while balancing short term and long-term needs are essential
- Rich experience in building distributed systems or highly scalable online services
- Experience in cloud computing platform such as Azure and AWS preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS/MS degree in computer science or equivalent
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic
- information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Microsoft Corporation (commonly referred to as Microsoft or MS) is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office office suite, and Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers. Its flagship hardware products are the Xbox video game consoles and the Microsoft Surface tablet lineup. As of 2011, it was the world's largest software maker by revenue, and one of the world's most valuable companies.