Senior Software Engineer Cloud Services
Microsoft FAST has offices in US, China, Norway, and Kenya, and is part of the Experiences & Devices group within Microsoft. Our mission is bold: to help people achieve more through people and knowledge and we are looking for solid, highly motivated engineers who will help making the mission a reality. We are building and running low-latency, highly scalable services that enable Files, People and Search scenarios. Our services power prominent Microsoft 365 products including SharePoint, Exchange, Teams and Microsoft Graph.
We can offer an agile development team with diverse skills in algorithms and data structures, big data, data science, machine learning and search technology to mention a few. The position is full-time and based in our Nairobi office, with huge learning and growth opportunities.
As a Microsoft Software Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Design, implementation, testing, rollout and running software services.
- Turn requirements into simple, elegant, and optimal solutions at large scale.
- Be a technical leader.
- Evangelize best practices across the team.
- Participate in and lead team discussions about architectural design and other topics.
- Mentor engineers and live out the Microsoft values.
- Ship your code to thousands of machines serving millions of users around the world.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- 8+ years of software development experience, preferably with C# and .NET technologies.
- Strong technical problem-solving skills and a desire to learn from others.
- Passion for agile teamwork and building a collaborative team culture.
- Good communication skills, enabling transparency and productivity across teams in different parts of the world.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Microsoft Corporation (commonly referred to as Microsoft or MS) is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office office suite, and Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers. Its flagship hardware products are the Xbox video game consoles and the Microsoft Surface tablet lineup. As of 2011, it was the world's largest software maker by revenue, and one of the world's most valuable companies.