Senior Program Manager
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldProject Management
The Identity Customer Experience (CxP) Developer Care team is looking to move away from a transactional support model to a proactive engagement model helping build long term value to our developers and integration partners. We are looking for strong, customer-obsessed Program Managers who have a growth mindset, passion for customer experience, and an experimental approach in testing out new ideas. We currently have several positions available focused on defining processes and tools for improving support for the Microsoft Identity platform.
You will work closely with Engineering, Customer Support, as well as other CxP teams across C&AI to ensure that our developers have the best support experience possible while using our developer platform. You will help drive improvements to the product, service, and ecosystem by providing the developer perspective in a well-articulated and data backed manner.
Our team is looking for a technical Program Manager Lead who is passionate about rolling up their sleeves and solving deep, technical problems. An ideal candidate will develop the technical expertise and earn the privilege of being a trusted advisor to our Developer community. As a Program Manager, you will be discussing architecture and strategy with developers and going into the nitty gritty implementation details of the Microsoft Identity platform. This role will have the opportunity to implement solutions and drive change within Engineering to improve customer satisfaction of our platform. It will be critical for this role to help identify product gaps, engage directly with the feature teams, share requirements, and be an active participant in driving feature improvements.
You will also have the opportunity to mentor and grow a team of technical Program Managers.
- Lead a technical team engaging with developers external and internal to Microsoft
- Identify patterns of challenges that need a broader architectural approach or a set of guidelines to address.
- Support the evolution of Microsoft Identity Developer platform.
- Solve key partner technical challenges and platform issues, escalate appropriately.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Microsoft’s Identity Platform.
- Develop processes and artifacts to improve Developer journey.
- Provide detailed analysis of where problems exist and form technical and/or process solutions to resolve.
- Assist with technical training curriculum development and onboarding program for support engineers.
- Champion customer experience and satisfaction in the products and services.
- Drive supportability improvement projects from inception, planning, to launch and adoption
- Desired B.S./B.A. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 10-15 years’ experience in a technical / process engineering role.
- Prior experience leading technical teams
- Knowledge of authentication and authorization protocols, OpenID Connect, OAuth 2.0, SAML.
- Passion for understanding things deeply, whether it’s customer requirements or product technologies.
- Passion for writing and authoring thoughtful guidance, established blog or examples are a plus.
- Developer background is essential, as you’d be working with our Developer audience.
- Demonstrated passion for data driven decision making.
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Microsoft Corporation (commonly referred to as Microsoft or MS) is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office office suite, and Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers. Its flagship hardware products are the Xbox video game consoles and the Microsoft Surface tablet lineup. As of 2011, it was the world's largest software maker by revenue, and one of the world's most valuable companies.