Job Type Full Time
Experience 8 years
Job Field Project Management
Organization Mission / Information:
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
- Drive end to end delivery from gathering user requirements to delivering high quality programs and services to meet business needs
- Engage with customers to clarify requirements, work through agile experience, create and communicate successful features and User Stories.
- Identify business trends, challenges & opportunities, interfacing with design and architecture teams to develop an in-depth understanding of assigned products and the associated technologies. and ensure that is maintained & extended to the team throughout the product cycle
- Build and leverage telemetry data to help drive prioritization decisions to deliver the best possible solution quickly.
- Coordinate deliverables and dependencies with other groups to hit milestones
- Build cross-team coordination and a community with other engineers relating to challenges & opportunities in the areas of app to app and business to business integrations
- Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users.
- Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and support POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- 6+ years of Application/Product Engineering experience, 3-4 years of core software engineering experience.
- Experience with shipping at least 2 full product releases, from release inception through live site support
- Past programming experience in Microsoft technologies -or- programming/customization experience
- Excellent communication, client relationship skills, and customer experience focus
- Demonstrated passion for quality and attention to detail
- Effective time management in complex situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build positive working relationships across groups and all management levels
- Ability to effectively deal with ambiguous situations
- Ability to effectively communicate using multiple medias to present ideas
- Ability to impact and influence
Other helpful skills for this position include:
- Experience or familiarity with Microsoft Technologies
- Experience with direct, remote and virtual teams
- High degree of professionalism, especially when faced with critical and intense situations
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, engineering or a related field; MBA preferred
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Microsoft Corporation (commonly referred to as Microsoft or MS) is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office office suite, and Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers. Its flagship hardware products are the Xbox video game consoles and the Microsoft Surface tablet lineup. As of 2011, it was the world's largest software maker by revenue, and one of the world's most valuable companies.