Job Type Full Time
Job Field Customer Care
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and services. To this end, Microsoft is investing in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully adopt Microsoft Cloud solution and services. We are looking for a talented individual to manage a team of Customer Success Managers and Consumption and deployment of “Modern Workplace” consumption and deployment (Office 365 Modern communications apps e.g.
- Microsoft’s Tech for Social Impact is a full industry vertical team that works directly with nonprofits and the
- United Nations. The team brings together the company’s donation and grants programs, commercial sales efforts, partner ecosystem programs, and technology solutions to empower nonprofits globally to address the world’s most pressing needs. This includes leading the “Digital Transformation for Social Impact” go-to-market, working with nonprofits to maximize their social impact through the power of Microsoft platforms. Fueling all of this new work and investment is the aim to empower every nonprofit to do their best work to create inclusive and enduring positive impact throughout our communities. The TSI team is dedicated to making world-class cloud technology accessible and affordable, so that nonprofits can drive even greater impact.
Key Responsibilities Include
- This CSM Manager role will directly manage FTE and/or vendor CSMs that will cover managed Modern
- Workplace and Business Applications customers in their territory. This is an exciting role that will help create bonds with our Modern Workplace and Business Applications customers and will fuel customer success, retention, growth, renewal and advocacy.
- Drive usage growth and exceed consumption quota for Modern Workplace and Dynamics workloads.
- Exceed Dynamics revenue and renewal targets.
- Hire, develop, support, coach and enable CSMs to ensure effective delivery against goals.
- Exceptional cross-team collaboration and communicator. Partner with all required Microsoft stakeholders in the subsidiary to drive CSM role clarity and effective cross-team collaboration.
- Develop an ecosystem of strong BDM relationships within covered accounts that centers on the BDM’s desired business outcomes.
- Voice of the customer within Microsoft, representing the customers interests, generate insights and removing obstacles.
- Operational excellence, including timely consumption engagement management, renewal enablement, and high-quality reporting and insights.
- Identify and document consumption best practices and customer references to further grow the success of the CSM program.
- Exemplify the Microsoft Leadership Principles.
- Team Readiness and Development – Attract, develop and retain a talented team of profile CSM’s, leveraging both
- HR and external sources to ensure a strong pipeline of future CSM candidates.
- Lead by example via deep, direct involvement in customer engagements and a “showing by doing” mindset.
- Manage performance through appropriate 1:1s and connect sessions, conduct performance management assessments and reviews annually (FTEs).
- Develop capability thanks to his/her own abilities to deliver all CSM customer facing activities, including the ability to coach CSMs on the delivery of a functional design / Gap analysis, creation of qualitative Success Plans, the design/driving of adoption strategies and plans and the optimization of Microsoft’s purchase options for maximum impact.
- Support and enable professional development planning and execution through RoleGuide assessments and role based training plans.
- Hold the team and individuals accountable for results and recognize appropriately.
- Ensure team members execute effectively, collaborate appropriately and deliver a positive impact on the organization.
- Create an inclusive, engaging and motivating work environment that improves WHI results YOY.
- Lead team to ensure intense focus on Business Value, Active Usage/Adoption, Renewals and Advocacy
- Provide support, coaching and enablement to CSM team to ensure effective delivery against the CSM Success Criteria of Active Usage, adoption, high-quality customer success plans, upsell/x-sell, customer health and renewal.
- Become an expert in the methodologies and processes that the CSM program is built on.
- Build strong client relationships with the appropriate customer executives that support the CSMs engagements.
- Strengthen that relationship through a deep understanding of the customer’s business needs.
- Establish a BDM-focused culture and accelerate the transition away from Issue Management.
- Drive adoption of and proficiency in the Dynamic Journey to Success (DJS) methodology and how to appropriately apply it based on the profile of the customer. Coach team appropriately leveraging on experience in process design, change management and consulting.
- Drive adoption of and proficiency in the Adoption Plays outlined in the Adoption Playbook. Become an expert in the use of the Adoption Survey as a tool for BDM engagement.
- Coach team appropriately on the proper engagement with Sales. Ensure warm-hand offs occur and ensure relevant feedback on quality of deliverables received from the Sell It Right phase.
- Lead the team to an appropriate understanding of Microsoft’s licensing structure and transaction mechanisms that both ensures that customer has a licensing construct that’s optimized for their needs and that also ensures seamless collaboration with Account Executives, Licensing teams.
- Help remove blockers for the team.
- Lead the team to be a proactive, agile and responsive point of contact for the customer and to be an effective Voice of the Customer inside Microsoft.
- Assure customers are supported by a partner or partners, establish a collaborative and “customer-first” relationship with those partners and hold them to a high standard of performance.
- Evangelize the Dynamics 365 roadmap, and help ensure the customer’s optimization of their investment.
- Establish a culture that grows account references, advocacy & loyalty for the CSM practice by maintaining high levels of customer success and satisfaction.
- Run the monthly/quarterly ROB process, both collecting performance data from the team and reporting performance to the Global CSM Lead and Strategy Team.
- Manage team appropriately to reach agreed to KPIs on Active Usage, Renewals, Qualified Leads and References.
- Ensure that CSMs collaborate, partner and contribute as appropriate on Customer Success Plans, Consumption
- Clinics, Account Plans (APs), Services Delivery Plans (SDPs), Services Growth Plans (SGPs) and Deployment Blocker analysis.
- Participate as member of the extended Strategy Team in the creation of strategy, targets and processes that will enable successful attainment of goals.
- Create a high data hygiene culture. Ensure CSMs enter data on customer engagements in a timely and high quality way that allows accurate reporting to Field/Segment leadership teams.
- Manage CSM portfolio sizes effectively to ensure optimal coverage. Provide feedback to Strategy team on selection criteria and customer eligibility.
- Identify and help remove blockers in processes both internal and external through escalation, scoping, feedback and coaching.
- Establish regular contact with client base to review and gather feedback on the CSM role and program to drive further improvement.
- Enable Stakeholder Collaboration and Coordination
Help CSM resources connect to their relevant internal stakeholders and build positive relationships across other Microsoft leadership roles.
- 5+ years of experience in people management
- 10+ years of experience in consultative selling ideally in consulting or technical sales.
- 5+ years of experience in driving change management & effective adoption within key technologies
- Proven ability to map the customer’s business process to product capability
- Strong technical understanding of Secure Productive Enterprise and Dynamics workloads
- Top-notch executive engagement and communication skills
- Proven ability to establish trusted advisor relationships with business decision makers
- Passion for making others successful
- Willingness to travel – up to 40%
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, MBA in IT, finance, or general management preferred
- Industry knowledge and experience a plus
- Willingness to travel – up to 40%
- Experience working with nonprofits / NGOs strongly desired
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
Microsoft Corporation (commonly referred to as Microsoft or MS) is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office office suite, and Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers. Its flagship hardware products are the Xbox video game consoles and the Microsoft Surface tablet lineup. As of 2011, it was the world's largest software maker by revenue, and one of the world's most valuable companies.