Content Developer 2
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldMedia / Advertising / Branding
- You’ll use your writing expertise to help your team create a range of content, like conceptual docs, quickstarts, tutorials, end-to-end scenario content, and training.
- You’ll learn about new technologies and explain the features using language that can be easily localized and that our customers can understand.
- You’ll work with our feature teams to understand content requests, help on-board them into our publishing pipeline, participate in design and UI string reviews, and manage content releases.
- You’ll work with engineering, customer support, and marketing teams to understand customer goals, needs, and pain points.
- You’ll use customer & partner feedback and data about the product & content usage to prioritize the most important work. You can interact directly with customers to understand what they need.
- Your content sets will include contributions from others as well as your own. You’ll help focus everyone’s efforts in the right direction and ensure deliverables get out the door.
- You’ll continue to refine and improve your plans and your content through customer feedback, testing, and by keeping current with the ever-evolving technological landscape.
- Three years of excellent technical writing, communication, and project management. Writing experience may include blogs, articles, internal or external customer/community user documentation, and other customer-facing content.
- Experience at gathering customer requirements and prioritizing across multiple deliverables.
- Proven project management, organization, and planning skills, including track record of delivering great results under tight deadlines.
- Strong affinity for cross-group collaboration, negotiation, and organization skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, System Administration, Technical Communications, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- At least five years of technical writing experience in a software company, writing professional customer-facing documentation
- Background as an IT administrator, DevOps or software developer is helpful
- Experience working in GitHub and Markdown language
- Experience with Azure Active Directory and other Azure services
- Experience with languages or platforms like Angular, Node.js, Python, Android, or iOS.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click ‘APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Microsoft Corporation (commonly referred to as Microsoft or MS) is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office office suite, and Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers. Its flagship hardware products are the Xbox video game consoles and the Microsoft Surface tablet lineup. As of 2011, it was the world's largest software maker by revenue, and one of the world's most valuable companies.