Senior Software Engineer
As a member of our growing team, you will have the opportunity to build and own core systems, key features and be part of a dynamic engineering culture. The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for supporting the development of our platform and its associated products. You will participate in the programming, testing, and deployment of the platform. This will require working with, and optionally managing the workflow of other software developers and being responsible for meeting timelines agreed upon with management. You will work closely with and report to the Technical Director while also interfacing with other engineering and management team members. The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Our technology consists primarily of a cloud-based web application, hosted on scalable Linux infrastructure, and built on a number of tools including Python, Django, MySQL, Bootstrap, NGINX, VPN software, to mention a few. As a full stack developer, you will work on all parts of the Beyonic technology stack, from the server-side applications and databases, to backend and client facing web-services and APIs. You will also be part of infrastructure design, provisioning and application architecture and scaling discussions.
The duties and responsibilities of the role will be as follows:
- Develop and manage ticket queues and escalation paths, ensuring SLAs are adhered to
- Plan, Design, Develop, Test and Maintain MFS Africa’s development projects such as financial products for web applications, e-commerce portals, and system integration projects
- Develop, refine, and fine-tune applications
- Ensure high functionality and optimization by performing SIT, unit testing and code reviews on software developed
- Produce detailed and accurate technical documentation relating to assigned tasks
- Mentor and guide Junior and Intermediate Developers towards fulfilling their development tasks
- Promote highly-collaborative, team-oriented environment, working closely with all levels of product development staff and third-party development teams
- Coordinate with software architects and business analysts to determine functionalities and break down tasks for the sprint backlog
- Strong, demonstrable experience in Python and Django
- Working knowledge of Google Cloud Platform is a plus
- Working knowledge of Java, C#/.Net and PHP are a plus
- Knowledge of TDD and Agile software development are a plus
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelors (BSc) in Electrical, Telecommunications and/or Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years as an advanced programmer or equivalent experience in required technologies
- Experience with highly available distributed systems
- Experience with MySQL
- We are highly innovative and were ranked by Fast Company as one of the most innovative companies in the world
- We work at the very cutting edge of fintech in Africa
- We solve relevant problems for Africa and the world. We are building the MFS Africa Hub into a payment infrastructure designed to last 100 years
- We have a culture of caring and execution and a very diverse work environment with over 30+ nationalities represented
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About MFS Africa
MFS Africa is a pan-African fintech company that develops innovative value added services for mobile wallets. The company works in close partnership with mobile network operators and financial institutions to bring simple and relevant financial services to un- and under-banked customers. MFS Africa currently connects over 200 million mobile wallet customers in sub-Saharan Africa. The MFS Hub also connects money transfer operators, banks, and merchants to mobile wallets in Africa, allowing these partners to take advantage of the growing popularity of mobile wallets as safe, convenient, compliant, and cost-effective delivery channel for international remittances.