Business Analyst: Card Payment Services
As a core member of the Product team, the Business Analyst (BA) elicits and analyzes the requirements of the business both Functional & Non-functional, and creates detailed specifications of them. The successful candidate will validate these requirements against the business needs, model processes and interactions, and perform systems testing to validate high-level functionality of the solutions. It is critical for the BA to build subject matter expertise in our core solutions and support commercial teams in customer solution discussions.
The ideal candidate should have a strong background in complex solutions and be comfortable with working in an environment that has many moving parts. The position can be based in Johannesburg, Accra, Nairobi, Kampala.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will be as follows:
- Analyze and document the detailed Functional and Non-functional requirements of the business in a relevant, traceable, testable, verifiable format, including workflow diagrams, use cases, business rules analysis, process flows, data flows, test cases, and training materials
- Develop user stories, use cases, process flow diagrams – “Happy Path” and “Alternative Path”
- Conduct requirements elicitation using techniques such as brainstorming, document analysis, interviews, observation, and workshops
- Provide recommendations and specifications to refine business processes, as needed to achieve a positive impact
- Support test-planning, define test requirements and scenarios, and execution of functional test phases
Skills and Competencies
- Have demonstrated acumen and experience in product/solution in banking, online payments, e-commerce, billing, or card processing
- Find joy in how systems and services can solve complex problems
- A passion for system design, consistency, and high-quality documentation
- Know Agile/Scrum
- Thrive in a diverse, collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Able to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment
- Pragmatic innovator; achieves quick wins while thinking big
- Solid knowledge of card management systems and payment messaging (ISO based)
- Practical experience with the issuing of Prepaid and/or Debit products via a bank or fintech
- Proven experience in Cards & Payments/Banking domain projects
- Basic understanding of card issuing and payments ecosystem, with network schemes such as VISA/Mastercard
- Exposure to Cards Acquiring is an advantage but not mandatory
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Business, Computer Science or related field
- At least 5 years of direct work experience as a Business Analyst
- Ranked by Fast Company as Second Most Innovative Company in Africa
- Work with innovative new technologies on the cutting edge of fintech
- Attractive package including performance bonus
- Strong and collegial company culture with 30+ nationalities represented
- Massive growth potential
- Bring simple and relevant financial services to the developing world – make a difference!
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About MFS Africa
Mobile Financial Solutions is a Fintech company with a passion for Transforming Lives Through Financial Inclusion". We are a market leader in the mobile lending space, having began our journey with Banks and SACCOs in 2014. Since then, MFS has transformed itself into an integrated financial services entity, helping to grow the lives of millions of micro-entreprenuers across Africa.