Strategic Key Account Specialist – English Speaking Africa
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Careers that Change Lives
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining Senior/C-Suite level relationships with strategic partners and working with them to identify and qualify new business opportunities.
- Develops and drives appropriate portfolio management strategy in collaboration with the Business Units to expand and protect market share, optimize pricing strategy, and build long-term contractual agreements and relationships with clients and strategic partners.
- Responsible for understanding the assigned account’s strategic priorities and developing appropriate value-added programs for each account.
- Develops, communicates, and implements business plans to achieve strategic target business results.
- Identifies and develops ongoing mutual opportunities for sales growth with key strategic accounts.
SALES PROFESSIONAL CAREER STREAM: Typically sales professional individual contributors with direct sales responsibilities. May direct the work of other lower level sales professionals or manage sales processes and / or accounts involving multiple team members. The majority of time is spent establishing and maintaining customer relationships, developing new customer relationships, implementing sales strategies and closing sales.
- Sells products and/or services to a group of clients and identifies new and potential customers.
- Works independently with general supervision .
- Organizational Impact: Works to achieve individual sales targets within product area and/or account by selling products/ services, developing new accounts and/or expanding existing accounts.
- Has a direct impact on achieving department’s sales results.
- May help to set objectives or goals for individual or team accounts .
- Works on larger, moderately complex accounts.
- Understands market landscape, marketing and pricing structure, more influence on pricing structures.
- Works with sales, marketing and finance to structure complex contracts.
- Innovation and Complexity: Makes adjustments or recommends enhancements in sales processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of job area.
- Recommends changes in account tactics to achieve sales goals .
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Communication and Influence: May influence parties within own job function at an operational level.
- Obtains or provides information requiring some explanation or interpretation .
- Communicates with external customers and / or vendors, involving negotiation and / or presentations in order to manage relationships and close sales.
- Required Knowledge and Experience: Requires practical knowledge gained through experience of sales techniques and job area typically obtained through education combined with sales experience.
- Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues .
- Bachelors degree in Pharma or Medical.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Fluent in spoken/Written English
- Valid Work Permit in Nairobi, Kenya
- Fluent in spoken/Written French
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Medtronic (www.medtronic.com), is the global leader in medical technology - alleviating pain, restoring health and extending life for millions of people around the world. Medtronic's mission is: To contribute to human welfare by application of biomedical engineering in the research, design, manufacture, and sale of instruments or appliances that alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life. To direct our growth in the areas of biomedical engineering where we display maximum strength and ability; to gather people and facilities that tend to augment these areas; to continuously build on these areas through education and knowledge assimilation; to avoid participation in areas where we cannot make unique and worthy contributions. To strive without reserve for the greatest possible reliability and quality in our products; to be the unsurpassed standard of comparison and to be recognized as a company of dedication, honesty, integrity, and service. To make a fair profit on current operations to meet our obligations, sustain our growth, and reach our goals. To recognize the personal worth of employees by providing an employment framework that allows personal satisfaction in work accomplished, security, advancement opportunity, and means to share in the company's success. To maintain good citizenship as a company. It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.