HR Information System Specialist
Role & Responsibilities
Medair is in the process of finalising implementation of the first HR Information System in Medair called ‘Medair People’. The HR IS Specialist is responsible for several support functions related to Medair’s human resources activities, through appropriate configuration, functionality and user-friendly access to the Medair HR Information System as well as the business processes integrated and interfacing with the system.
The HR IS Specialist will support and develop HR users across the organisation globally and ensure all staff and management use Medair People in a way that is in line with data quality requirements, policies, processes and procedures.
Medair Global Support Office (GSO) provides operational guidance for country programs, along with both technical and compassionate support for our employees across our programs. Medair’s global HR function supports the organisation in the implementation of international humanitarian aid projects by ensuring that the organisation has adequate systems and structures to recruit and retain the right people efficiently. The HR function works on impacting Medair’s culture by creating and sustaining a work environment where our values are fully alive, and staff play a key role in Medair’s “people to people” model. The implementation of a new HR IS supports Medair to carry out this mission.
Workplace & Conditions
This position reports to the Medair Global Support Office (GSO). It will be based as resident in Switzerland or Kenya. Only those with a valid work permit, can apply. This role includes travel to Medair’s Country Programs.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
April 2021. Full time, fixed-term contract of 3 years.
Key Activity Areas
HR IS Product Owner
- Defining the vision for the system and various modules (eg. Recruitment; Administration; Performance & Talent management).
- Driving current implementation and continually evaluating progress to understand problems and seek solutions appropriate to context.
- Collaborating with ITS and other departments to ensure good integration with data management platforms and other systems that source data from the HR IS.
- Anticipating needs from HR Managers, staff and line management.
- Prioritise needs, manage product backlog, evaluate project progress.
- Review the design structure of the HR System and ensure it is adapted well to local HR department needs while maintaining a global standard; redesign where needed (e.g. Content Design, User Access).
- Optimising processes through the design of HR IS, seeking simplification and optimisation in collaboration with HR and management.
- Responsible for reporting on and monitoring customer needs, problems, solutions and progress
- Translate new process requirements to HR IS system requirements.
HR Information System Trainer
- Determine training requirements, and develop resources for training.
- Organisation and delivery of training for different types of users for all country programmes and GSO.
- Equip HR to train staff in their departments to use the HR IS (Medair People).
- Ensure staff and management are trained to use the HR IS and have access to relevant training resources. Adapt training to local context as appropriate.
- Lead and manage change and transition to adopt ‘Medair People’ and other technological improvements across the organisation
- Provide guidance and support the HR teams across Medair in continuous improvement or innovation to their business processes to optimise the functionality and utilisation of the HR information system.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor degree in HR or a related field.
- HR certification or Masters in this field of operation (optional).
- Salesforce / Sage People administrator training.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written). French desirable.
Experience / Competencies
- Project management experience.
- Good understanding of HR management in international organisations.
- Experience of working with external suppliers and consultants.
- Experience in the international humanitarian sector.
- Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of business requirements and translate into design.
- Good understanding of developments in communication technology.
- Good problem-solving and organisational skills.
- Can-do attitude with strong communication and relational skills
Customer Service orientation, committed to team-building and empowering other team members.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Medair is a humanitarian organisation inspired by Christian faith to relieve human suffering in some of the world’s most remote and devastated places. We bring relief and recovery to people in crisis, regardless of race, creed or nationality. As signatories of the International Committee of the Red Cross Code of Conduct, we believe that aid should be given to everyone who is in need, and not be used to further a particular political, social, or religious viewpoint. Our first and last considerations are the needs of the people we serve. We save lives in emergencies and then stay to help people recover from crisis with dignity-working side by side with communities to leave a lasting impact. We do whatever it takes to bring relief where it’s needed most. We provide a range of emergency relief and recovery services: Health care and nutrition. Safe water, sanitation, and hygiene. Shelter and infrastructure. In all we do, we pursue the highest professional standards of quality, accountability, and sustainability. Our experienced teams carry out our projects in close connection with communities, listening to their needs, helping them improve their essential services, and providing them with training for the future.