Job Type Full Time
Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
JOB GROUP K (1)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertaking audit verification assignments.
- Preparing and submitting audit findings.
- Preparing and maintaining audit working papers for jobs assigned.
- Developing and implementing audit management systems.
- Carrying out a review of accounting, financial and budgetary systems.
- Communicating any loopholes within the Institute’s structure and recommending appropriate solutions to ensure minimal disruptions to business operations from unsupportive structures.
- Inducting other audit staff on the use of computerized audit techniques and methods for ease in the use of techniques.
- Undertaking non-financial audit assignments; setting up systems of internal control and regulation.
- Developing and implementing audit plans (Programs).
- Ensuring the Public Procurement & Disposal Act, 2015, is adhered to in all the procurement processes.
- Advising management on policies related to internal controls, financial accounting and reporting on financial administration as per the Government Regulations.
- Advising and participating in stock control and stock taking.
- Carrying out other tasks as shall be assigned from time to time.
- Holder of CPA (K); or its equivalent from an institution recognized in Kenya.
- A degree in Accounting or Finance will be an added advantage.
- Be a registered member of a relevant professional body.
- Have proficiency in Computer Accounting Packages i.e. Quick Books, Excel, Pastel, Sage, etc.
- Relevant experience of more than one (1) year.
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct.
- Meet the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
Interested persons to submit their applications, copies of academic and professional certificates, certificate of Good Conduct, National ID and a detailed CV to:
BOARD OF GOVERNORS
MATILI TECHNICAL TRAINING INSTITUTE
P.O. BOX 76 – 50204
on or before 24th July, 2020, at 5.00 p.m.
Matili TTI is an equal opportunity employer
About Matili Technical Training Institute
Matili Technical Training Institute was started in 1959 as a youth centre. It was upgraded to a Village Polytechnic in 1971 and a Youth Polytechnic in 1984 offering Vocational Training in various trades. It was upgraded to a Technical Training Institute in 2009, in conformity with the Governments’ commitment in harnessing the contributions of Science, Technology and Innovation as a tool in achieving the goals set out in the vision 2030.