Nursing Officers (Siaya)
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldMedical / Healthcare
No of Positions: 3
Reports to: Nursing Officer In-Charge
Summary: Nursing Practice is to provide safe efficient age specific nursing care to patients / families using the nursing process in order to assist them to attain, maintain, regain, and sustain optimal health status.
Qualification / Requirements:
- Diploma in Nursing from an accredited nursing program.
- Registered Nurse by the Nursing Council with current license to practice
- Required Credentials, Licensure or Certification
- At least 2 years Experience preferably in a Clinical set-up
- Thorough knowledge of routine nursing process and practice.
- Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge is an added advantage
- Able to use a wide variety of technical equipment to meet patient needs and prescribed medical therapies (i.e. stethoscopes, thermometers, sphygmomanometers and electronic monitoring devices
- Implements the nursing process by delivering effective relationship based nursing care.
- Provide the patient care on a very personal level.
- Provide daily report directly to physicians and RNs.
- Responsible for taking vitals and monitoring in-and-out volumes and treating common ailments like bedsores.
- Preparing and or performing several procedures such as dressing wounds, bathing and dressing, and giving enemas.
- May administer prescribed medicines or start IV fluids to patients.
- Maintenance of quality nursing care at all times to the patient.
- Ensure that the report is correctly given at each shift change.
- Carry out all nursing duties and other related tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- Apply technical skills in care delivery that result in safe practice and positive care outcomes.
- Demonstrates clear communication and effective collaboration to optimize patient care and clinical operations.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Interested candidates on any of the positions should submit their applications, enclosing a detailed CV, copies of academic testimonials and names of three referees and day time telephone contacts to: –
The Administration Officer, Matibabu Foundation,
P.O. Box 230 – 40607, Ukwala, Kenya.
NB: Only successful and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Matibabu Foundation is an Equal opportunity Employer.
About Matibabu Foundation
Matibabu Foundation College of Health Sciences is an initiative of Matibabu Foundation in partnership with local and international health stakeholders to promote quality healthcare in Kenya. The college is located in Ukwala town, Ugenya Sub-county and offers Diploma and Certificate courses in various fields.