Product Manager, Humanitarian & Development
Mastercard is dedicated to inclusive economic growth for all people across the globe. The mandate of the Humanitarian & Development team is to transform communities at the Base of the Pyramid. We leverage our digital technology and innovate new business models to digitalize essential daily services – provisioning healthcare, distributing agriculture subsidies, streamlining small merchant supply chains, optimizing aid distribution and serving the education sector. By so doing, we go well beyond Mastercard’s traditional payments remit, and critically, increase our reach to the 1+ billion previously unserved consumers at the BOP.
The purpose of the Manager, product Manager – technical is to support the work for the key vertical Agriculture: drive the execution of the product roadmap, translate business needs and UX into features and product function, develop business requirements and work with technical teams and internal customers to define the details behind the business requirements, own product development cycle. Acts as the voice of the business to the technical team.
Are you passionate about transforming lives at the Base of the Pyramid consumers?
Have you ever brought a product to market, ideally in emerging markets, across multiple geographies and cultures?
Can you bring structure and rigour to a fast-moving environment beyond Mastercard’s core business?
This position reports to the VP, Agriculture and Education Product Lead, and is based in New York, London or Nairobi.
- Owns product development cycle (BRD, UAT, prod deployment, release scope and timeline)
- Works with platform (developers, UX designers and internal customers) to define the details behind the business requirements.
- Owns the working backwards document for feature releases and ensure the unified roadmap is up to date.
- Compares features for competitive reviews and customer needs and draft a proposal for feature prioritizations.
- Secure prioritization of release scope and continuously monitors feature development at the feature level.
- Reviews product demo with the development team against acceptance criteria for the feature set.
- Identifies issues that will keep the product features from delivering on time and/or with the desired requirements and communicates to leadership.
- Supports and participates in post-launch reviews and ensures feedback is reincorporated into the feature.
- Works with internal teams and customer service to identify, classify, and prioritize feature-level customer issues.
- Document and distribute release notes to Markets team for each release, coordinates and conduct internal tactical forum to present release changes. Own and maintain up-to-date product demos and clickables.
All About You
- Passionate about transforming lives at the Base of the Pyramid consumers, with an ability to uncover needs and design features to serve this unique segment
- Proven experience launching and scaling new product deployments in emerging markets
- Demonstrated ability to work within and across geographic boundaries within a matrix environment, comfortable with fast and fluid environments, good team player and manager
Knowledge and experience of digital tools, and the payments industry a plus
- Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Mastercard is a leading global payments & technology company that connects consumers, businesses, merchants, issuers & governments around the world.