Director, Agriculture Product Development, Humanitarian & Development
Mastercard is dedicated to inclusive economic growth for all people across the globe. The mandate of the Humanitarian & Development team is to transform communities at the Base of the Pyramid. We leverage our digital technology and innovate new business models to digitalize essential daily services – provisioning healthcare, distributing agriculture subsidies, streamlining small merchant supply chains, optimizing aid distribution and serving the education sector. By so doing, we go well beyond Mastercard’s traditional payments remit, and critically, increase our reach to the 1+ billion previously unserved consumers at the BOP.
The purpose of the Director, Agriculture Product Development is to support the work for the key vertical Agriculture: becoming a sector subject matter expert, understanding competitor offerings and stakeholder needs, developing a vertical strategy, developing product business requirements, go to market and commercial model and taking the product through the full PME/Studio process to be ready to pilot and scale.
Are you passionate about transforming lives at the Base of the Pyramid consumers?
Have you ever brought a product to market, ideally in emerging markets, across multiple geographies and cultures?
Can you bring structure and rigour to a fast-moving environment beyond Mastercard’s core business?
This position reports to the VP, Agriculture and Education Product Lead, and is based in New York, London or Nairobi.
- Understand landscape, needs, pain points and drivers of stakeholders in your vertical to become the subject matter expert. Refresh vertical strategy based on this expertise and market insights as needed
- Oversee identification of product and solution requirements and quality documentation. Take product through full
- Product Management Excellence process as required. Ensure roadmap always comprehensive, up to date and fully socialized. Ensure continued product competitiveness.
- Own restructuring of current MFN product to align with Common Product Framework construct with integration of common capabilities.
- Own sustainable commercial model including business case and pricing that works for all stakeholders and continue to refresh as product and GTM approach evolves
- Ensure comprehensive and up to date product collateral exists including template legal agreements, pricing manuals and customer facing documentation
- Develop go-to-market strategy with non-traditional partners of Mastercard and with Mastercard licensed clients and support sales colleagues in partner discussions
- Liaise with rest of Humanitarian & Development team to develop and deliver product through partners and markets, and with other business functions across Mastercard
All About You
- Passionate about transforming lives at the Base of the Pyramid consumers, with an ability to uncover needs and design features to serve this unique segment
- Proven experience launching and scaling new product deployments in emerging markets
- Demonstrated ability to work within and across geographic boundaries within a matrix environment, comfortable with fast and fluid environments, good team player and manager
- Knowledge and experience of digital tools, and the payments industry a plus
- Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Mastercard is a leading global payments & technology company that connects consumers, businesses, merchants, issuers & governments around the world.