Area Logistics & Services Project Manager
e Area L&S Project Manager, you will be responsible to identify upcoming projects within East Africa and develop logistics solutions to meet our customer needs.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop a strong logistics project portfolio and support execution of the projects using the Maersk global network to optimize customer supply chains and deliver on complex project requirements.
When you join Maersk, you’ll find that the world is your workplace. You’ll work in a culturally diverse, stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things.
We believe in individual performance within highly professional teams supported by our distinctive values. To us teamwork means acceptance, respect, dedication and the idea that we can achieve more when we all pull together.
Living our values means competing in the market place in an ethical way so our name is synonymous with being a credible and valuable business partner. Through Constant Care and Humbleness we strive to prepare for the future, while never forgetting that our customers and competitors are key to our ability to improve.
In our daily work Uprightness and Our Employees mean that transparency and accountability in everything we do go hand in hand with being an inspiring, challenging place to work. At Maersk, we take pride in hiring the best person for the job – irrespective of gender, age, nationality or religious belief.
– Prepare an Area project strategy document including financial targets
– Identify projects planned in Area
– Identify decision makers and key external stakeholders for each project
– Work with network offices to leverage our global logistics capabilities and customer relationship
– Prepare tender documents for identified projects, including pricing for the project
– Work with procurement to establish a solid vendor database that can provide necessary assets and services to deliver on project cargo
– Work with the execution team to ensure best in class delivery of the project
– Work with finance to ensure transparency around project profitability.
– Manage customer relationships and align on key project deliverables
– Use project management techniques/systems to ensure proper planning and preparation for different stages of the project
– Deliver on project financial target as well as key project deliverables
– Own the P&L for L&S Projects.
We are looking for
A dedicated and qualified candidate having the ability to make a difference as role with:
– Experience in managing multiple complex logistics projects
– Experience in completing tenders for projects
– Knowledge of special equipment needed to handle out of gauge equipment
– Good stakeholder management skills
– Financial acumen
– Candidate with at least 5 years experience within logistics would be preferred.
Last application date: 23 Jan 2022
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Maersk Line
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships - we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world