Assistant Cost Consultant
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking assistant cost consultant to join our growing team in Kenya.
To assist a team with the coordination and preparation of bills of quantities, tender documentation and tender packages in line with standard systems of measurement.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the team in managing the pre and post contract.
- Conducting feasibility studies and production of procurement reports.
- Applying the value management techniques at the outset of a project involving existing protocols and systems.
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan.
- Managing the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including, pre- qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively.
- Ensuring that post contract cost variances, change control, cost checking and valuation processes are managed effectively.
- Ensuring the production of monthly post contract and cost reports and presenting them to the client.
- Managing the value engineering and life cycle costing.
- Providing final account negotiation and agreement.
- Interfacing with clients, external and internal consultants at all project stages.
You have a degree in quantity surveying or relevant qualification. You are digitally savvy and can build lasting client relationships. You will have construction or cost consultancy or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace have to offer.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package that includes a competitive salary, private medical insurance, 1 volunteer day a year and other location-specific allowances.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, founded and built on exceptional people, a commitment to service excellence and a deep-rooted entrepreneurial spirit. Better cities, better living, better places We’re living in a world that’s developing fast. Property and infrastructure projects and programmes are becoming more complex. The drive for sustainable development is ever more pressing. To create cities and communities that solve these challenges, we must look at solutions from all angles, innovating together to identify the best course of action. Our people give us that perspective, with their experience, confidence, drive and commitment to always go the extra mile. Together we strive to build more efficiently, more sustainably, more intelligently and more economically - to create cities and communities that don’t just function, but inspire. Living on, long after they’re delivered. Our values: what we believe in We have four simple values that guide our behaviour and culture of innovation. Our values permeate through everything we do, including our relationships with our clients, our partners, our suppliers and the communities where we work. Safety first - no compromise Client focus - deliver on our promises Create opportunity - for our people to excel Integrity - always doing the right thing Our history: where we’ve come from For more than 26 years our adventurous spirit has driven us to do things better and drive change through our industry. We have helped shape cities around the world. Mace is now a Â£1.97bn company, operating in 21 sectors from five global hubs and inspiring each other and our clients to innovate. Our culture: what drives us on We champion people, whether as individuals or teams. Our people constantly strive for better and always go that extra mile, inspiring each other and clients to innovate. We challenge convention, apply a can do attitude and are committed to quality and service excellence. We employ an open and collaborative approach with our partners. This gives us a better perspective on how we can deliver cost-effective and beneficial outcomes for all stakeholders on every project, no matter how complex or challenging it is. We strive to find better ways to deliver for our clients, communities and the construction industry. We constantly challenge the status quo, make the seemingly impossible possible, and will always do so.