Job TypeFull Time
Lori is looking for talented Product Managers to join our technology team to develop solutions and implement requirements to support the growth of Lori’s products worldwide. This includes building, launching and landing software applications and working closely with our engineering and other product teams to define requirements to launch effective products. The successful candidate will work closely with engineers and data scientists to design and develop technologies that optimize haulage and cargo movement on the continent. You’ll be responsible for guiding products throughout the development cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, defining, positioning, packaging, promoting and tailoring our solutions to the markets where Lori does business, and users for whom we build those solutions.
- Launch products on a regular sprint cycle
- Understand customer needs and gather product requirements
- Identify market opportunities and define product vision and strategy
- Develop new products and enhance existing products
- Engage closely with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedule
- Design products to align with business strategy and stakeholder requirements
- Own adoption and product excellence across organization
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or related technical field
- Min. 5+ years of product management experience
- Experience with product management or product design with a focus on software products and technologies
- Experience in B2B, SAAS, Fintech or data science a big plus
- Experience across multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Mobile development, Finance or Marketing a plus
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment,
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Master of Science or Business a plus
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Lori Systems is a fast growing, technology venture based in Nairobi, Kenya led by Harvard & MIT graduates and backed by local & international investors and advisors. Leveraging 3 years of research at Harvard and in-house developed technology, Lori has built a logistics platform that is revolutionising the cargo-transport value chain in Africa – from the ground up. The relative cost of moving goods in the region is one of the highest in the world - leading to up to 75% of a product’s cost going to logistics (compared to 6% in the US). Lori enables the logistics space to operate at an order of magnitude more efficiently than it does today. Higher efficiency through Lori has been demonstrated to drive costs down which is expected to create new jobs & stimulate overall economic development in a tangible way.