Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial
Lori is seeking a highly organized and detail oriented Executive Assistant to provide key support to the CEO. The role will require significant autonomy and sound judgement as he/she will take the lead managing the CEO’s calendar, inbox, correspondence, travel, and more. The successful candidate will be an executor who proactively follows through and followsup to see all projects efficiently completed, with the persistence and problem solving skills to navigate blockers independently.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2+ years experience supporting a Clevel executive in a similar role.
- High attention to detail and superior organization and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities Independent selfstarter who can operate effectively in a deadline driven and fastpaced environment
- Expert interpersonal skills, ability to forge strong remote relationships, and experience interacting with senior stakeholders
- Sound judgment with high level of discretion and ability to maintain a strict level of confidentiality
- Ability to proactively anticipate and respond to needs and challenges in advance
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Deep commitment to Lori’s mission and values
**Bonus but not required: experience as a travel agent, graphic design skills, and/or familiarity with the logistics sector
- Provide comprehensive executive level support to the CEO, while assisting with ad hoc tasks and special projects for the executive team as needed
- Professionally manage and respond to inbound meeting requests, speaking engagements, and general correspondence
- Own the CEOs calendar and inbox, and coordinate information flow in an efficient and effective manner
- Organize meetings and events including drafting agendas, taking minutes, securing venues & catering, setting up IT, coordinating with attendees, etc.
- Expertly plan local and international business trips including flights, accommodations, and itineraries
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Lori Systems is a fast growing, technology venture based in Nairobi, Kenya led by Harvard & MIT graduates and backed by local & international investors and advisors. Leveraging 3 years of research at Harvard and in-house developed technology, Lori has built a logistics platform that is revolutionising the cargo-transport value chain in Africa – from the ground up. The relative cost of moving goods in the region is one of the highest in the world - leading to up to 75% of a product’s cost going to logistics (compared to 6% in the US). Lori enables the logistics space to operate at an order of magnitude more efficiently than it does today. Higher efficiency through Lori has been demonstrated to drive costs down which is expected to create new jobs & stimulate overall economic development in a tangible way.